Patient Care Tech HUC
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: May 16, 2022
$1,000.00 SIGN-ON BONUS
3RD FLOOR NURSING
The Patient Care Technician - Health Unit Coordinator performs
various clerical and patient care duties for the department under
the direct supervision of the licensed nurse.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Collects and records patient data, reporting information and
observations to nursing personnel in a timely fashion. Obtains and
records patient vital signs, height, weight, nutritional intake and
output and performs blood glucose monitoring via finger-stick blood
samples, test strips and portable meters. Performs routine urinary
catheter care. Collects and transports specimens, including, but
not limited to, urine, stool and sputum, as requested.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living (i.e.,
personal hygiene, dressing, eating, maintaining continence and
turning/transferring/ambulation) and changing linen, as appropriate
to setting. Answers and responds to patient call lights and
requests in a timely manner. May be assigned as a sitter for
patients needing constant observation.
- Completes and maintains unit and patient records, files, forms
and documents related to work area management and patient care to
include admissions, surgeries, transfers, discharges, medical
records and physician call list. Maintains clean and organized work
area of records, files, forms, and reference documents. Checks,
updates and maintains facility boards, pneumatic tube system and
telemetry box reconciliation according to departmental policy,
procedures and/or guidelines.
- Prepares reports, purchase orders, projects, memos and letters
using computer programs.
- Greets visitors and assists them as needed. Answers telephones
and contacts professional and non-professional nursing personnel
and medical staff using pagers, beepers and cell phones. Tracks
call light response time for the unit. Assigns phone and location
devices to appropriate staff.
- Perform work area support duties as directed by the nurse or
physician. Runs errands, picks up supplies and transports
- Maintains inventory, requisitions and stocks work area supplies
- May assist with non-medical patient care support duties, such
as, making coffee, transporting patients, and distributing ice,
water and blankets.
- Cleans patient bedside units and nursing areas not included in
general housekeeping, and cleans equipment properly and distributes
based on patient needs.
- Attends in-services, unit meetings and conferences.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Good communications skills, both verbally and in
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively
and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees
at all levels.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- - - - - - -Basic Life Support (BLS): BLS or BLS within 30 days of
hire or transfer.
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Austin , Patient Care Tech HUC, Other , Burnet, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!