Company: KIPP Texas
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Company DescriptionKIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59
public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly
34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San
Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to
create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students
with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose
-college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and
build a more just world.Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating
as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in
the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a
diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals
with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our
Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with
purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.KIPP Texas is part of
the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter
schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP
students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent,
comparable to the national average for all students and
approximately three times higher than the average of students from
low-income communities.You can see all our job opportunities at
https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe
OpportunityThe O365 Administrator reports to the KTX Director,
Infrastructure. The O365 Administrator is responsible for
supporting and maintaining KIPP Texas' Microsoft Office 365 cloud
services, the organization's statewide productivity and
collaboration platform, with an emphasis on administering,
supporting and securing Exchange Online email. The O365
Administrator is specifically responsible for ensuring the
availability and integrity of email messaging, calendaring and
contacts management.Key Responsibilities Functional
- Provides technical support and administrative maintenance for
Microsoft Office 365 cloud services to ensure highly available and
optimally performing services.
- Implements and supports Microsoft cloud technologies and
- Performs tuning, monitoring, and optimization of Microsoft
- Manages 3rd party email distributions and analytics services
(i.e. PoliteMail) and Microsoft Outlook add-ins (i.e. Google Meet)
to extend the efficiency and effectiveness of the O365
- Serves as the primary escalation point with respect to O365
cloud services for all Information Technology teams.
- Monitors and identifies security risks and vulnerabilities to
our O365 environment and proposes and recommends mitigation
- Implements and maintains email related security technologies,
services and features to prevent unauthorized access, malware
delivered as attachments, phishing attempts and account
compromises; proposes email related information to security
- Creates, maintains, optimizes and troubleshoots individual and
group mailboxes, mailbox rules, address books, dynamic distribution
groups (DDGs) and distribution lists (DLs).
- Develops, maintains and secures O365 documentation for
Microsoft cloud services and processes.
- Manages Microsoft Office 365 license subscriptions and
renewals; allocates and monitors usage to ensure license
- Creates proposed email related policies for end user email
utilization, security and behavior and submits for approval.
- Establishes email related standards and procedures; conducts
periodic audits for compliance.
- Assembles standard and ad-hoc reports, performs analysis and
formats results to assist efficient and effective legal discovery
- Provides input to identity management solutions for the
- Provides input to business continuity planning, disaster
recovery planning, and security standards
- Keeps abreast of best practices and emerging cloud services
technology trends and recommends the implementation of services
that take advantage of these trends and practices. Service Delivery
- Adheres to IT standards, metrics, Service Level Agreements
(SLAs), Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), documentation,
communications, and training. Provides status updates to management
and status updates to users on the status of service requests and
- Manages email services, system and device configurations, email
related user roles and permissions and retention settings.
- Configures and manages Exchange Online backup settings and
performs mailbox restorations and item recoveries as
- Responds to and handles planned and emergency email service
outages. Works with Infrastructure Technologists and Analysts to
propose and recommend prevention and mitigation actions.
- Performs extensive mailbox searches to find and remove targeted
emails identified as potential cybersecurity risks.
- Evaluates and interprets requirements of key business
stakeholders and data consumers to develop recommendations and
implement approved solutions.
- Provides progress reporting for assigned projects including
estimates, risk analysis, and time spent.
- Independently designs, develops, and delivers ad-hoc
- Utilizes Exchange PowerShell to automate and streamline routine
maintenance and support tasks.
- Implements monitoring procedures to maximize availability and
performance of cloud services and provides status reports to
- Skilled at technical troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple
competing priorities and assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well in a
collaborative cross-functional environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts and issues to
both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Possess high ethical standards; ability to work with and
protect highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Highly competent at administering, securing and supporting
Microsoft Office 365 tenants and associated cloud services.
- Experience working with Exchange Powershell for scripting and
- Experience with email security layers (i.e SPF, DKIM, DMARC,
- Experience migrating entities from Google platforms to
Microsoft platforms is a plus.
- Experience with Active Directory (AD) security and group policy
is a plus.
- Experience with Identity Management solutions is a plus.
- Experience with Fortinet firewalls is a plus.
- Experience with other cloud services (AWS/Azure) is a
- Bachelor's degree (or 5+ years of relevant work experience) in
Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum two years of professional experience in a similar
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals certification is required.
- Alignment with KIPP Texas' mission and core values.
- Microsoft 365 Security, Compliance and Identity Fundamentals
certification is a plus.
- Microsoft 365 Messaging certification is a plus.
- Microsoft 365 Security Administrator certification is a
- CompTIA Cloud+ certification is a plus.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
certification is a plus.
- Experience working in a school district, CMO, non-profit or
government agency is a plus.Additional InformationCompensation and
Benefits:In addition to a competitive salary scale, a part of KIPP
Texas' competitive benefits options, KIPP offers all employees an
$0 HMO plan for the employee only. In addition to our $0 plan, KIPP
provides a $600 employer contribution towards a Health Savings
Account and a variety of other supplemental benefits such as
Dental, Vision, Short and Long-Term Disability, Pet Insurance,
Keywords: KIPP Texas, Austin , O365 Administrator, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!