Material Handler II (conversion)
Company: Ryder System Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Our team is growing!
Ryder is hiring a Material Handler II in Austin, CA!
* Minimum Requirements:
* Must be able to pass criminal background check and drug test
Paid Time Off provided for COVID vaccination appointments!
* Strong Safety culture, including safe and reliable equipment,
* Stability and growth opportunities
* Competitive benefits package, vacation & PTO in the first
* Weekly pay, direct deposit is available!
* Forbes' 2019 list of the "World's Best Employers"
The purpose of this position is to accurately transfer product,
both physically and logically, into and/or out of warehouse
locations, load/unload trailers, move product throughout the
facility with powered industrial equipment and perform inventory
counts as required.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred
* Minimum of two years of related warehouse and powered industrial
lift experience required
* Ability to read, do basic mathematics, understand and respond to
written and verbal instructions in English for the purposes of
safety, work instructions, policies, etc.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted
* Ability to input data into computer system
* Work overtime as assigned
* Read, interpret, and apply Warehouse Management System (WMS)
* Recognize and correct potential process errors before actions
adversely affect the customer
* Recognize damaged product at any point in the warehousing process
and take appropriate action when discovered.
* Pull orders accurately as assigned
* Stage orders according to carrier location and verify: number of
pallets picked as well as stage location
* Prepare receiving, storage and shipping documentation retaining
product accountability throughout the logistical process
* Be aware of and follow location and work center Safety and
Security policies and procedures
* May be required to train others in various warehouse functions,
including the safe operation of various powered industrial lift
equipmen, perform housekeeping duties and other duties as
* Operate fork-lift equipment or other warehouse machinery
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free
workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a
protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.
Keywords: Ryder System Inc., Austin , Material Handler II (conversion), Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!