Company: Jackson Walker LLP
Posted on: May 14, 2022
FLSA Status: Non-ExemptReports to: Administrator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mastery of MS Word (using styles for formatting), and a
familiarity with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat
Professional, pdfDocs, Time Entry, and Citrix Summation.
- Types correspondence and reports from handwritten copy, drafts,
and recorded transcription.
- Maintains filing systems on electronic system and in hard copy
- Utilizes legal formats and terminology when setting up
- Transcribes dictation and proofreads all work completed before
returning to attorney or staff person.
- Performs computer searches for documents that have been lost or
- Works one-on-one with attorneys for special projects that need
special or specific instruction.
- Converts and formats documents.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Ability to read and write at a level normally acquired through
the completion of high school in order to produce legal
- Approximately six months to one year on the job experience
necessary in order to effectively perform required tasks without
- Ability to type routine forms, reports, correspondence and the
like from rough draft or transcription at a level of 70 wpm.
- Ability to understand and utilize computer equipment and
software in order to process documents.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete
them under time constraints.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate and
follow instructions effectively from diverse group of clients,
attorneys and staff and provide information with ordinary courtesy
- Ability to proofread typed material for grammatical,
typographical or spelling errors.
- Work occasionally requires a high level of mental effort and
strain when performing a high volume of tasks and other essential
- Due to the time-sensitive nature of the work and the limited
availability of replacement personnel, regular full-time
attendance, including being available to work unscheduled overtime
hours, is an essential function of the position.
- Other duties as assigned by the employer.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and
requirements for performance of this job. It is not to be construed
as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities
Working Conditions: Normal office environment with little exposure
to excessive noise and temperature.
Keywords: Jackson Walker LLP, Austin , Document Specialist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!