Posted on: January 16, 2022
At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees
thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we
strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and
purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful,
inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the
opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and
join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and
improve people's lives.
* Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample
* Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each
other in jig, fixture or other holding devices.
* Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements,
press fits or performs similar operations to join or secure parts
* Mounts assembled components to boards or units.
* May install multi-level subassemblies and modules into Racks
using complex configurations.
* Installs finished assemblies or subassemblies in cases and
* Assembles and attaches hardware, such as caps, clamps, knobs and
switches, to assemblies.
* Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as potting,
encapsulating, sanding, cleaning, epoxy bonding, curing, stamping,
etching, impregnating and color-coding parts and assemblies.
* Tends machines that press, shape or wind component parts.
* Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts
and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
* Sets up station with the correct documents and components per
* Handles/install polarized/non-polarized components on designated
location on product.
* Adjusts or trims materials from components to achieve specified
electrical requirements or dimensional characteristics.
* Assist in performing repair work.
* Communicates any process problems with peers, leads, supervisors
* Perform preventative maintenance on production line
SPECIALIZED JOB RESPONSIBILITIES may be required for certain
positions. These could include one or more of the following
* Connects component lead wires to printed circuit or routes and
connects wires between individual component leads and other
components, connectors, terminals and contact points.
* Will complete light physical tasks such as changing conveyor
width, loading boards on pallets
* Performs solder masking, taping non-solderable area, installing
e-prom into the sockets and placing Rev labels on the boards per
* Inspects nonconforming solder join defects on PTH and SMT chips
* Collects data using the SPC charts.
* Fills out returned forms of conforming and nonconforming
materials and prepares set up kits for incoming shift.
* Completes basic touch up, removal and placement, inspecting own
work and the work of others following applicable work instructions
and quality procedures.
* Detects nonconforming defects and their defect codes to enter
into shop floor control systems.
* Assists, instructs and qualifies new operators.
* Reports deviations from standard procedures to engineering or
supervisor and provides inputs on quality improvements.
* Systems - Assemble complex units for wiring, connecting
difference sub-assemblies and nodes into large rack systems.
Education / Experience
Completion of a high school degree or equivalent is preferred.
Typically requires 1 year of electronic assembly or related
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
Basic mechanical skills. Demonstrates basic manufacturing line
knowledge and participates in process. Manual dexterity required
for operating machinery and computers. Good attention to detail.
Excellent eye-hand coordination required. Requires understanding of
and ability to use a wide variety of tools. Basic computer skills.
Must be able to use a microscope. Ability to read and comprehend
simple instructions. Ability to effectively present information in
one-on-one and small group situations to other employees, leads and
supervisors of the organization.
Scope / Impact
Low impact, limited to the specific work area.
Decision Making / Discretion
Limited expectations to make decisions outside immediate work
assignments. Decisions only affect individual tasks.
Supervision / Leadership
Able to understand and receive work instructions from line lead,
supervisor/manager and manufacturing support. Receives detailed
verbal and written general instructions on new assignments.
Requires close supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to work that requires repetitive motion. Employee may be
occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals.
Physical Demands: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Have the ability, visual acuity and manual aptitude to recognize
and accurately assemble/install components according to
manufacturing documentation. While performing the duties of this
job, the employee is regularly required to sit, handle small
components, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be
required to use a microscope for long periods of time. The employee
frequently is required to talk and hear. The employee is
occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Systems employees
may lift up to 50 pounds and push 200 pound racks. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,
and ability to adjust focus.
Is Sponsorship Available?
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection
decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We
celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race,
religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy
status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to
provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for
assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any
accommodations you may need by e-mailing:
Keywords: Flex, Austin , Assembler, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!