Sterile Processing Tech 1
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB SUMMARYThe Sterile Processing Technician 1 performs a
variety of duties associated with cleaning, sterilization,
processing, organizing and the distribution of patient equipment,
instruments, supplies and products used in the care and treatment
of patients.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE -
- Prepares rooms and organizes instruments, equipment, treatment
trays and supplies for specified departments.
- Cleans and decontaminates instruments, containers and patient
equipment using detergents and disinfectant solutions in accordance
with regulatory and hospital policies and procedures. Operates
semi-automatic and automatic sterilization equipment and
- Receives, stocks, rotates, checks and pulls expired goods;
fills and distributes internal orders; and picks up reusable trays,
equipment items and instruments.
- Maintains and controls inventory. Maintains applicable records
- Ensures compliance with safety, environmental, manufacturer and
infection control practices.KEY SUCCESS FACTORS -
- Knowledge of equipment and instrument sterilization methods and
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with patients and staff.
- Ability to comply with safety, environmental, manufacturer and
infection control practices.
- Interpersonal and communications skills.BENEFITSOur competitive
benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelQUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION: H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE: Less than 1 Year of Experience
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Austin , Sterile Processing Tech 1, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!