Chief of Staff
Posted on: January 16, 2022
KCare is a mission-driven software provider for social service
agencies. We provide web-based case management, EHR, and analytics
solutions with our suite of products for child welfare and social
service agencies. We have been providing human services software
for 25 years and currently serve over 600 customers. Our team is
highly mission-driven and dedicated to empowering social service
agencies to provide transformative care and improve outcomes for
the populations they serve.
We are looking for an ambitious and motivated Chief of Staff to
help guide the next phase of our company's rapid growth. Our KCare
Chief of Staff will be a key strategic partner to the CEO and the
COO. This leader will be responsible for analysis, internal and
external communications, contract negotiations, process improvement
across teams, and strategy recommendations. This role will report
directly to KCare's Chief Executive Officer and work in close
partnership with our Chief Operations Officer.
We are looking for an experienced strategist, project manager, and
communicator who is excited about our mission and driven to have a
social impact. The successful candidate will help set the right
strategy and process for key initiatives and lead critical
cross-functional efforts. The Chief of Staff will streamline
activities within the organization based on the prioritization of
our executive team, up-leveling when needed and jumping in to move
things forward where necessary. We need someone who excels at
"getting things done" in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment, and
who gets excited about this unique opportunity to contribute to the
long-term success of the company.
- Work closely with the CEO and COO to support strategy
development and execution.
- Manage cross-functional projects across the organization,
working with team members at every level.
- Work with team leads across the company to facilitate
coordination, ensure work is aligned with our strategy and goals,
track timelines, and set priorities. This will include supporting
M&A integration efforts.
- Own our internal KPI reporting and analysis--refining what
metrics are tracked across departments, ensuring we have up-to-date
and accurate numbers, and keeping the team up to date on how we are
tracking against our targets.
- Monitor and report on child welfare and human service policy
developments that could impact our market, our customers, or our
- Create internal and external materials or communications
focused on organizational changes, M&A announcements, policy
changes, quarterly reporting, and competitive intelligence; this
will include creating slide decks, writing memos, building
analytical models, and drafting high-impact communication.
- Review, draft, and negotiate routine contracts, routing
requests to outside counsel.
- Use internal data and your own analytical skills to guide goal
setting and tracking for your workstreams and shared leadership
- 5+ years of experience. Experience in top-tier management
consulting and/or a high-growth technology organization strongly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability
to present ideas with clarity, brevity, and at the right altitude
for the audience.
- Analytical and strategic mindset with the ability to simplify
complex information quickly in order to drive decision-making.
Comfortable taking ownership and making recommendations for
important decisions and strategies, backed by data.
- Strong Excel skills. Bonus points for SQL and data
- Creative problem solving (i.e. excels at identifying trends and
patterns, developing root-cause diagnoses, and using a diverse
toolkit to address the root causes).
- Structured thinker; good at framing decisions and unearthing
the critical logic.
- Human service industry experience desired. Experience with
child welfare policy is ideal.
- Experience reviewing and negotiating business contracts.
- Time management and prioritization - understands what's
important and can focus on it
- Resourceful - figures out how to achieve results creatively
with finite resources
- Team player - works collaboratively and energetically
- Self-aware, accepting, honest, open, and respectful of
- Analytical - finds meaning and action in numbers, and is a
- A love of driving alignment - leaving personal agenda at the
- Location: Remote, with the option to work from our Austin
- Benefits: 401k matching, medical, dental and vision healthcare
coverage, discretionary PTO, 15 paid holidays and your birthday
off, Volunteer Time Off, 12-weeks of paid parental leave.
KCare Core Values
We care. It's in our name. We care deeply about each other, our
customers, and the communities that our customers serve. Everything
we do comes from a place of caring and respect, even the tough
We are open and honest. We share candid feedback frequently and
constructively. We are not afraid to ask questions, to question
decisions, and to hold each other accountable. We are honest with
each other because we care.
We prioritize our customers. Our customers are our most important
stakeholder. We are continually focused on building the best
product and experience for all customers.
We are always learning. We're curious, we ask for help when needed,
and we're constantly growing. We own and learn from our mistakes.
We question old ideas and, if we find a better solution, we are
willing to change.
We create fun. We are a team that laughs together. We don't take
ourselves too seriously and we celebrate our successes. We bring
joy and optimism to work.
We win together. We dream big and collaborate to hit ambitious
goals. We embrace diverse backgrounds and perspectives to come up
with better solutions. We share our skills, knowledge, and
experience with our colleagues to help each other grow. We climb
the mountain together.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: KCare, Austin , Chief of Staff, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!