Company: BCD Travel
Posted on: January 15, 2022
A culture of purpose: Where will your BCD M&E career take
As perfectionists, artists, strategic thinkers and leaders in the
industry, we believe culture is defined by its people. We are
looking for exceptional people who rise to our standards while
bringing their unique perspective to the table. Are you interested
in adding to both our mission and our energy? If so, we want to
hear from you!
We are looking for a Sourcing Specialist to join our dynamic team.
In this role, you will act as the sourcing lead and partner with
the Meeting Planner to work with your client. You will guide your
client through the sourcing process, add insights and value to help
them make an informed decision, contract the hotel/venue
compliantly and efficiently and create an initial meeting budget.
If you are someone who has mastered the art of managing multiple
priorities at once then read on!
This is an office based role located in either Austin, TX or
* Prepare, analyze and present overall venue availability report to
the client, which includes customized power point presentations.
Make appropriate recommendations of properties based on overall
* Act as the initial main point of contact for your client, and
ensure all milestones are clearly communicated and met. Be
consultative in your approach. Afterall, you an expert in
hotel/venue sourcing and contracting.
* Create, send and review a Request for Proposal (RFP) for client
meeting needs. Be thoughtful in your hotel/venue choices and
recommendations, keeping customer satisfaction, value and
compliance top of mind.
* Negotiate Terms & Conditions of contract with selected
hotels/venues using client-specific language, methods and
* Understand all contract clauses, if not written as per client
language or omitted, that would pose overall risk to the client;
Communicate the associated risk of a venue contract to the
* Prepare estimated hotel/venue budgets to present to the client
and pass along to the Meeting Planner.
* Communicate and negotiate effectively with all hotel & vendor
* Maintain the highest level of quality, professionalism and
integrity in everything you do.
You're good at:
* Communicating with clients. You have the ability to own the room
and convey confidence, knowledge of best practices in sourcing and
a professional presence at first impression and on-going.
* Communicating and negotiating with vendors. You have knowledge of
sourcing best practices and keep abreast of new destination
options, well-priced seasonal destination options and "hot date"
* Managing multiple priorities and being adaptable. You have
exceptional problem-solving skills, are calm under pressure and
work well in a collaborative environment.
* Establishing long lasting, professional relationships with
clients, co-workers and vendors. Teamwork. It takes a village.
* Cvent, Excel, Microsoft Office Suite and Apple iOS.
* Providing superior customer service.
* Ideal candidate possesses experience in a sourcing/purchasing
What we offer you
* A culture of purpose where we are invested in your happiness and
* Competitive salary and benefits package
How to apply
Click apply now to be considered.
Get to know BCD M&E:
At BCD Meetings & Events (BCD M&E), we provide more than
meeting and event planning and execution. We are in the business of
creating impactful human connections that matter. Connections that
inspire, motivate and change behavior for our customers. As the
world's most trusted and innovative meetings and events agency, BCD
M&E cultivates a culture of people, passion and purpose to
drive business forward.
Headquartered in Chicago, with locations in 50+ countries across
the world, BCD M&E's team of 1,500+ people are committed to
driving success for our customers, our business and ourselves.
See if you belong at www.bcdme.com.
Meetings & Events
Keywords: BCD Travel, Austin , Sourcing Specialist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!