Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
JOB SUMMARYFULL TIME DAYSThe Acupuncturist is responsible for
performing acupuncture, including electroacupuncture, on patients
referred by a qualified health care provider for the treatment of
pain and restoration of health.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Performs comprehensive evaluations, upon receipt of written or
verbal consultation, to determine acupuncture treatments. Plans,
evaluates and\or recommend changes to patient treatment program in
coordination with medical staff.
- Develops effective programs and applies therapeutic principles
- Administers acupuncture therapy interventions. Documents and
communicates information regarding patient status and treatment to
ensure patient information is shared with appropriate parties.
- Monitors the patient's performance and physical status to
ascertain effectiveness of program. Evaluates, treats, maintains
appropriate documentation and reports patient's progress.
- Maintains effective communication with superiors and other
members of the healthcare team.
- Maintains accurate records and prepares timely reports
according to department and regulatory policies, procedures and
- Maintains professional and technical requirements and provide
the necessary documentation on such requirements. Attends
professional education programs. Reviews appropriate and current
acupuncture and medical literature.
- Bills patient according to established procedures.KEY SUCCESS
- Outstanding interpersonal skills as well as a neat professional
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, doctors
- Employee must maintain patient confidentiality in accordance
with HIPPA guidelines.
- Masters degree in Chinese Medicine or related fieldBENEFITSOur
competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or level -QUALIFICATIONS
- EDUCATION - Masters'
- EXPERIENCE - Less than 1 Year of Experience
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - - - - - - - -Licensed
Acupuncturist (ACUPUNCT) -
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Austin , Acupuncturist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!