2021/22 Middle School Student Success Facilitator
Company: Education Service Center Region
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Position Type: 01 - Middle School TeacherDate Posted:
11/11/2021Location: Wiley Middle SchoolClosing Date: Open until
filledDistrict: Leander Independent School DistrictIf hired, the
State Board for Educator Certification will require all first time
applicants for an initial credential to be fingerprinted as part of
a national criminal background check. A cost of up to $49.00 will
be charged for fingerprinting.PRIMARY PURPOSE: Work collaboratively
with district and campus staff to provide assistance to students in
grades 6-8 who have experienced lost instructional time, have gaps
in grade-level learning and/or are at risk of not attaining course
credit/passing a course as well as coaching classroom teachers in
intervention best practices. This position may require flexibility
outside the regular school day (including weekends) to best
accommodate the intervention needs of students. This position may
be contingent upon funding in whole or in part through state or
federal grants. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Partner with campus administrators and counselors to identify
students who have experienced learning loss and or content mastery
gaps that have impacted their credit progression.
- Create innovative student plans that support the whole child by
preventing individual course scheduling barriers.
- With support of district and campus administrators, create and
implement flexible inclusive intervention options such as,
co-teach, small group facilitation, direct teach, individualized
support, etc. to enable students to best progress with their
- Create, manage, and implement targeted instruction in a
flexible schedule to support students through content specific
- Meet regularly with identified students, counselors, dropout
prevention staff, classroom teachers and others as needed to
discuss progress, assess global needs, and update plans based on
data and feedback.
- Communicate with parents to apprise of progress or needs that
arise and collaborate with campus RTI coordinators to implement
intervention with students.
- Meet bi-monthly at minimum with Teaching & Learning
staff/district level PLC for professional learning and guidance in
data analysis and instructional planning.
- Facilitate learning and coaching to classroom teachers
regarding intervention with district support.
- Work with teachers, counselors, and Instructional Coaches to
facilitate best practices regarding in-class foundations of
differentiation in Tier 1 and research-based inclusive Tier 2
- Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students,
parents, and community members.
- Participate in staff development activities to improve
- Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff
committees as required.
- Demonstrate regular and prompt attendance to ensure a
consistent focus on student learning.
- Perform other duties as assigned. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- None. GENERAL QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor's degree in education or related field.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate appropriate to subject and
grade level assigned.
- Minimum three years teaching experience preferred.
- Knowledge of how to facilitate an inclusive problem-solving
approach to intervention support.
- Skill in communication, organization, problem-solving, critical
thinking and flexibility.
- Ability to model, use and promote research-based intervention
instructional strategies; understand data analysis and how to use
assessments to determine student instructional needs and supports.
Mental/Physical/Environmental Demands The essential functions,
pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include the
characteristic duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, and
abilities noted herein; however, this is not a comprehensive
listing of all functions and tasks performed by positions found in
this job description.
- May be exposed to outdoor weather conditions during portions of
- Needs to move about inside the classroom or campus to monitor
students as necessary.
- Frequent standing, stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Frequent moving of small stacks of textbooks, media equipment,
desks, and other classroom equipment.
- Occasional requires lifting up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
- Ability to understand complex problems and to collaborate and
explore alternative solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work schedules of others on
- Ability to make decisions which have significant impact on the
immediate work unit and monitor impact outside immediate work
- Maintain composure and professionalism at all times. Equal
Keywords: Education Service Center Region, Austin , 2021/22 Middle School Student Success Facilitator, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!