Patient Services Specialist 2
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: November 23, 2021
The Patient Services Specialist 2 provides administrative support
in a physician office, clinic or other operational area that
assists patients, to ensure high quality, patient-centered care.
Duties include patient relations, check-in or check-out,
scheduling, insurance verification and answering phones. May assist
in training and mentoring junior Patient Services Specialists.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Assists patients and other visitors by performing patient
related duties to include check-in or check-out, scheduling,
insurance verification and answering and responding to phones
inquiries. Arranges follow-up visits and referral
- Registers patients by collecting and verifying insurance
information. Verifies patient demographics and enters changes into
computer system. Directs patients to appropriate waiting
- Accepts payments for physician/clinic services according to
established guidelines. Posts payments and enters charges into
computer utilizing appropriate codes. Generates daily payment
reports and verifies cash drawer against report. Provides accurate
patient, medical, financial or procedural information to patients
or approved outside entities. Discusses financial arrangements with
patients, as requested.
- Responds to routine escalated inquiries concerning services,
hours of operation, etc. Ensures any patient complaints are handled
- Assists with medical records duties by pulling charts for
scheduled and walk-in appointments, prescription refills and other
requests. Retrieves, transports, sorts and files medical records.
Copies medical records chart for patient transfers and referrals as
- Assists in training, mentoring and providing assistance to
junior staff as requested.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- Strong listening, interpersonal and communication (oral and
written) skills, and professional, pleasant and respectful
telephone etiquette. Ability to adapt communication style to suit
different audiences. Empathetic listener, sensitive, upbeat,
optimistic, articulate, gracious and tactful.
- Knowledge of patient registration procedures and
- Knowledge of medical insurance claims procedures and
documentation. Needs to have thorough understanding of the Out of
- Skilled in the use of personal computers and related software
- Skilled in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Able to analyze unpaid third-party claims and delinquent
accounts to determine appropriate follow-up actions to ensure
- Able to mentor and train staff.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
- EXPERIENCE - 1 Year of Experience
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Austin , Patient Services Specialist 2, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!