CONCRETE BATCH PLANT OPERATOR
Company: Texas Disposal Systems
Posted on: November 22, 2021
CONCRETE BATCH PLANT OPERATOR - CREEDMOOR
The Batch Plant Operator controls the production and load-out of
materials produced in the batch plant according to established mix
designs and specifications. This position directs the work of batch
plant staff to maintain an adequate supply of materials in order to
meet production requirements and operates equipment as needed.
- Batch concrete loads according to established mix designs and
- Train and supervise staff members.
- Conduct batching operations in an efficient and safe manner
while complying with applicable local, state and federal
- Work with and direct staff members to maintain an adequate
supply of materials to meet the production requirements, including
on-time and in-specification orders.
- Inspect equipment to ensure it is in working condition and
report needed repairs to Maintenance.
- Perform plant maintenance, including greasing, sweeping,
shoveling, performing equipment repairs, cleaning, and clearing
- Become proficient with batching, dispatching, and quality
- Maintain time and material records.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- At least one year of related experience
- Experience operating heavy equipment - e.g. forklift,
- Ability to understand appropriate uses of various mix
- Ability to test concrete for conformance with mix design and
- Ability to conduct moisture tests, yield calculation and yield
adjustment of mix designs for conformance with mix designs and
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite - e.g., Windows,
Outlook, Excel, Word
- Knowledge of the production process in the concrete industry or
similar manufacturing environment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Ability to communicate effectively in English on phones and
- Must possess leadership and training skills
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions in
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays when neededPREFERRED
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- At least one year of concrete batching experience
- ACI Field Testing Technician Grade I
- PQS I, IIREQUIRED LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- ACI Field Testing Technician Grade I (required within 120 days
from the hire date) Associated topics: asphalt, deere, diesel,
diesel mechanic, equipment operator, forklift operator, heavy
equipment, heavy equipment engineer, heavy equipment operator, john
Keywords: Texas Disposal Systems, Austin , CONCRETE BATCH PLANT OPERATOR, Other , Buda, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!