Insurance Collector (91623)
Company: Austin Cancer Centers
Posted on: November 22, 2021
SummaryThe Insurance Collector, under the supervision of the
Revenue Cycle Manager, is responsible for accurate and timely
collections of all insurance charges.Main Job Functions
- Prepares and maintains collection reports, taking appropriate
action as necessary.
- Submits assigned A/R follow-up reports to Billing Supervisor
- Responds to telephone inquiries from internal as well as
external customers regarding billing, payment, or other account
- Analyzes and reviews claims for accuracy, completeness and
- Submits paper claims and other supporting documentation as
- Maintains knowledge of medical necessity guidelines that
pertain to assigned collection accounts.
- Notifies supervisor of any trends in denials or unpaid
- Performs complicated tasks such as appeals on complex medical
- Works in collaboration with the entire Practice as it relates
to reimbursement questions.
- Meets or exceeds performance parameters as established by the
- Acts as a liaison between the patient and the insurance company
to resolve unpaid claims.Supervisory Responsibilities
- NoneQualificationsMinimum Qualifications
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements
and clinic policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards
of practice in job situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of basic accounting and medical business office
procedures in oncology setting.
- Detailed understanding of appropriate ICD-9 and CPT as well as
HCPCS procedural coding.
- Familiar with concepts, practices, and procedures within the
Medical and Radiation Oncology field.
- Strong knowledge of insurance plans, both local and
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Working knowledge of personal computer and software
applications used in job functions (Medical software systems, data
input etc.)Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two (2) or more years of medical revenue cycle experience
required.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- NoneWhat We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- 401(k) + Employer Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays
- Employee Assistance ProgramAustin Cancer Center is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.by Jobble
Keywords: Austin Cancer Centers, Austin , Insurance Collector (91623), Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!