Company: St Edwards University
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Police Officer $21.87-$23.84/hour Overview Perform
responsibilities as a Police Officer for St. Edward's University.
Performs police patrol, investigation, traffic regulation, and
related law enforcement activities, consistent with the university
mission, vision, and operating principles. Responsibilities
- Represent the university in a professional and courteous
- Pro-actively patrol while protecting the property of St.
Edward's University to prevent crime, maintain the peace, and
investigate criminal activities that may occur.
- Respond to emergency & non-emergency radio calls and
investigate violations of the law and university policies &
- Enforce all applicable laws and university regulations.
- Conduct follow up investigations of crimes committed during
- Prepare cases for presentation in court and testify as a
witness when called.
- Give directions, information and reasonable aid to students,
faculty, staff, and visitors.
- Open and Close facilities as required
- Perform other duties as required. Qualifications
- Valid Police Officer License issued by TCOLE.
- Be 21 years or older at time of employment
- Possess a valid Texas Class C Driver's License, and have a good
driving record (in compliance with university insurance
- No convictions of a class B or higher misdemeanor or its
- Good verbal and written communication skills; skill in
operating computer systems
- Not prohibited by state or federal law from possessing a
- Be of good moral character, having temperate and industrious
habits; be able to learn the applicable laws, policies, and
departmental rules and regulations;
- Be able to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Be able to work flexible hours, rotating shifts, weekends, and
- Must be in good health with the ability to pass a Physical
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to complete required Field Training Program.
- Successful candidate must complete an education and/or criminal
background check. Preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking), Basic computer knowledge of
Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Access).
- Prior University or College Law Enforcement Experience
- One year (30 / + hours) of credit from an accredited college or
university Special Conditions This is a full-time benefits eligible
position. Must be able to work 24/7/365 on any assigned shift with
varying days off. This position is considered "Mission Critical."
In order to meet the needs of the University and of the department,
shifts are subject to change on short notice and University Police
Officers must be available for recall to the university in
emergency situations, such as man-made or natural disasters. The
department is organized along a standard law enforcement model:
Police Officers must wear a uniform on duty; are subject to
inspection and a formal chain of command. How to Apply Qualified
applicants are invited to apply online at About St. Edward's
University Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St.
Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution
of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St.
Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as
well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting
internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the
approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the
university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An
overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available
at Application Process The selection process is comprised of
multiple steps in which a series of tests, examinations, and
background investigations are administered. A rigorous and
challenging selection process will identify individuals best
qualified for employment with the department.
- Step 1 ' Application for employment on
- Step 2 ' Tests
- Physical fitness test (Police Officers only)
- Written examination (Police Officers and Telecommunication
- Firearm qualification (Police Officers Only)
- Step 3 ' Turn in Personal History Statement
- Step 4 ' Background Investigation
- Step 5 ' Oral Interview Board
- Step 6 ' Chief's Interview
- Step 7 ' Medical Test *
- Medical Exam
- Audio screening
- Vision examination
- Step 8 ' Psychological exam * Step 9 ' Drug screen * Step 10 '
Job Offer * indicates order may be changed due to scheduling St.
Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage
women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S.
Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at
this time. Reference #: J18086 Posted: 8/2/2018 Available:
Keywords: St Edwards University, Austin , Police Officer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!