Front Desk Clerk - Overnight Part Time
Company: Foundation Communities
Posted on: November 19, 2021
- Sign-on bonus and on-the-spot job offers (employment contingent
on background check) Company OverviewFoundation Communities is a
local, homegrown nonprofit. Founded in 1990, we provide affordable,
attractive homes and free on-site support services for thousands of
families, veterans, seniors, and individuals with disabilities. We
offer an innovative, proven model that empowers our residents and
neighbors to achieve educational success, financial stability, and
healthier lifestyles. We own and operate 25 communities all over
Austin and in North Texas.Job SummaryThe Front Desk Clerk is
responsible for the daily operations at supportive housing
properties during evenings and weekends. This includes interacting
with residents and guests, upholding community policies, customer
service, some administrative & receptionist duties, as well as
maintaining the safety of the community. The Front Desk Clerk
represents Foundation Communities and is responsible for the
property while on duty. This is an entry-level to mid-level
position with opportunity for growth and development.Overnight
Front Desk Clerks work in 8-hour shifts (12am to 8am). This
position has one to two permanent shifts and other shifts can
change from week to week. Front Desk Clerks also have the ability
to pick up extra hours when available. Sign-on bonus provided after
90 days of employment. Scroll below for additional
benefits.Responsibilities and Duties
- Be familiar with identity of all residents and respond to
resident problems and emergencies as appropriate.
- Fulfill office administrative and receptionist functions:
answer phones, respond to property inquiries, respond to emails,
- Provide excellent customer service to resident population.
- Interact with residents to communicate rules as outlined in the
lease and community policies
- Respond to emergency situations and contact appropriate
authorities as needed
- Prepare documentation such as incident reports and shift
reports as needed
- Monitor sign-in/sign-out process and verify photo
identification for all guests
- Input work orders as needed for unit repairs and other general
- Maintain and foster professional relationships with all levels
of staff, volunteers, and residents
- Monitor video surveillance system and report unusual
- Ensure confidentiality of all resident records and
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Provide desk coverage at multiple SRO properties of Foundation
Communities as requested (if available)Qualifications and Skills
- Must be dependable, reliable, and punctual
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and human relation skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and self-control.
- A demonstrated ability to deal with residents, site personnel,
volunteers, peers, and supervisors.
- Enthusiasm, good attitude, trustworthiness, personal integrity
- Must be able to use a computer and cell phone
- High school diploma or GED is required
- Good comprehension and communication skills, with the ability
to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through
verbal communication. Must speak and write in English. Bilingual
not required but a plus.
- This is a great opportunity for candidates looking for an
entry-level position. The ideal candidate will exhibit the above
- Must be able to perform rounds on property several times during
- Must be able to sit at front desk, using a computer for hours
at a time
- Must be able to address safety concerns, including cleaning up
spills and messes if needed.
- Must be able to respond quickly to emergencies (possibly in
multi-level building)Compensation, Benefits and Perks:Compensation:
$15.00 per hour; Sign-On Bonus provided after 90 days of
employment.Benefits for Part-Time Permanent Staff include:
- Paid Sick Leave: After 30 hours of work, you earn 1 hour of
paid sick leave, up to 68 hours, to use for illness and medical or
dental appointments for yourself or dependent family members.
- Prorated holiday pay after 1 year of employment
- Retirement Plan: After 12 months of employment and 1000 hours
of service (& age 21), you become eligible for our
401(k)-retirement plan. Features a 2% match if you contribute and a
3% safe harbor contribution for all eligible participants. This is
like getting a 5% raise!
- Holiday Bonus after one year of service
- Paid trainings for position and career development
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): This benefit provides you
and household members with confidential 24/7 phone support and
referral for personal issues, including mental health, stress,
legal and family problems. You may also meet with a counselor 3X
per year for each presenting issue.
- Service Awards: After 12 months of employment, you will receive
a gift to recognize your service. Additional awards are available
as your tenure increases.
- Housing: After 6 months of employment, if you work a minimum of
20 hours per week, you may be eligible to reside at a Foundation
Communities property and receive a 20% discount off the unit's
market rate at move-in.
- Pay Increases: Opportunities for performance-based and
cost-of-living pay increases
- Casual work environment Foundation Communities is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation & gender identity.
Keywords: Foundation Communities, Austin , Front Desk Clerk - Overnight Part Time, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!