We Are Hiring:
Registered Nurse, RN ICU - Surgical
Trauma & Burn
Full-Time Position, Night shifts
Shift: 36 hours a week. Weekend and
Dell Seton Medical Center
at The University of Texas.
At Dell Seton Medical Center at the
University of Texas, we are the centerpiece of the new health
district in downtown Austin, Texas.
Dell Seton Medical Center at The
University of Texas is a part of Ascension, a non-profit
organization. Our team approach brings together a wide range
of specialists, advanced technology and treatments. Our
mission provides opportunities for Ascension
associates to serve in their local communities by serving the poor
Highlights of our State of the Art
- Academic Hospital with 226 beds
- Advance Critical Care Management
- Specialties include Surgical Oncology, Plastics,
Neurosurgical Services, Burn Program and Trauma
- Only Level 1 Adult Trauma Center within 15
- Acuity adjustable units
Highlights of our
What You Will Do:
- Work side by side with advanced practice nurses and
residents that reside in our unit
- Charge nurse outside of staffing numbers, available to
assist at the bedside
- Core Resource Nurses to assist with patient tasks,
monitor and implement core measure goals and other delegated
- Patient Care Techs staffed to provide activities of daily
living, assist with lab draws, approved sterile procedures, turns
- Associate self-scheduling with nurse driven schedulers to
balance the needs of the unit
- Active sunshine committee and mentorship program to
assist with teamwork at and outside of work
- Highly engaged team members and leaders that participate
in self-driven programs to improve patient care and workplace
Provide direct nursing care in accordance
with established policies, procedures and protocols of the
What You Will Need:
- Implement and monitor patient care plans.
- Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
transfer date required.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- Advanced Life Support preferred.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
Why Join Our Team:
- 2 years ICU experience preferred.
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas,
has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding
career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to
high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all.
We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas,
including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the
University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell
Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career
and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a
rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Seton is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information