Posted Date: Oct 8, 2021
**UPCOMING JOB EVENT**
- Date & Time: Saturday, October 16 from 8:00 AM – 1:00
- Location: Dell Seton Medical Center - 1500 Red River St,
Austin, TX 78701
- Registration: Feel free to drop in! We will have a booth
located in the main lobby. We look forward to meeting you!
**UPCOMING JOB EVENT**
- Date & Time: Thursday, October 21st from 12:00PM -
- Location: Online! This is a free virtual event that can
be attended from anywhere, including the comfort of your own
- Registration: Text "SMCA" to 75000 OR Click
- We are hiring immediately for full-time and
part-time PATIENT OBSERVATION
- Location: SMCA- 1201 W 38th St. Austin, TX
78705. Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: Full-time and part-time schedules
available; open availability preferred. Hours and days may
vary; more details upon interview.
- Requirement: Willing to train!
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via
text messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and
search requisition ID
The advertised program is
an AI recruiting assistant that helps you apply to jobs with
Compass Group. Message frequency varies. Message and data rates may
apply. Text STOP to opt out or HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Diversity of thought and inclusion for all is what drives our
success - we invite you to start your journey with us
If serving others is in your blood and you thrive on the idea of
helping someone heal, TouchPoint is the place for you!
We asked some of our associates why they love working for
Touchpoint. Click here to
see what they said!
We’re TouchPoint Support Services and our
mission is to serve up hospitality, for patients, their families
and visitors at Ascension Health hospitals throughout the
U.S. But our work isn’t just about cooking, serving, cleaning
and transporting patients. We set the stage for healing with
sparkling facilities, great food and service.
This is the kind of work that takes a big heart for service and for
supporting Ascension’s mission to improve the health of the poor
and vulnerable. We’re serious about the role we play in healing –
and just as passionate about having fun, supporting each other and
Maybe you have a passion for people and an obsession with
service. Or maybe you’re looking for a launchpad for a career
managing people. Are you generous and hard working? When you
spot a need, are you ready to jump?
Summary: Provides visual and audible
observation of assigned patients under the direction of a
Registered Nurse (RN) and unit manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visually and audibly monitors the assigned patient's condition
and behavior at all times.
- Completes observation reports at established interval.
- Takes initiative in compassionately rendering service or
responding to needs. Interacts hospitably, cheerfully and
supportively with staff, patients, visitors and work
- Remains at the bedside of assigned patient at all times unless
relieved by an appropriate staff member.
- Verbally redirects the patient from engaging in at-risk
- Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears
to be in medical distress or poses a threat, and escalates to
assigned medical professionals.
- Participates in collaborative identification and reporting of
patient safety issues. Assures patient environment is safe; reports
any safety hazards to the charge nurse. Removes visible hazards and
reports as appropriate.
- Assists in calming and/or reorienting patient in cases of
agitation or confusion.
- Assists with keeping patient's room safe and orderly.
- Accompanies patient when diagnostic testing is required.
- Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires
assistance, control, or other nursing interventions, or exhibits
unusual behavior or verbalizations. Immediately reports any
potentially dangerous behavior or concerning conversations to the
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior
about assigned patient when arriving on unit and upon completion of
shift assignment. Arranges coverage around meal break times with
nurse and informs nurse prior to leaving patient for any
- Assists patient with ordering dietary tray and setting up of
patient's meal tray; assists with basic positioning of patient;
assists with patient wheelchair rides and/or ambulation if patient
is stable and gait has been previously determined safe by assigned
- Responds rapidly and thoroughly to emergencies, special needs,
- Accepts suggestions and direction from supervisors and hospital
- Demonstrates knowledge of department policies and procedures.
Honors department's attendance, break, behavior, dress, personal
hygiene, and safety codes.
- Honors all confidentiality and other regulatory
- Accepts and absorbs department and hospital education
- Assists other associates as necessary. Responds to direction as
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current CPR AED or basic life Support healthcare provider
(BLS-HCP) certification required.
- Ability to walk or stand for prolonged periods. Requires
bending, stooping, reaching up, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- One to two years of previous experience is preferred.
Touchpoint are offered many fantastic
Both full-time and
part-time positions offer the following benefits to
- Associate Shopping
- Health and Wellness
- Identity Theft
- Voluntary Benefits,
including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital
Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home
In addition, full-time
positions also offer the following benefits to
- Employee Assistance
- Flexible Spending
About Compass Group:
Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an
equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to
treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their
abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race,
national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
must be able to perform the essential functions of this position
satisfactorily with or without a reasonable
accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an
exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks,
or requirements associated with this position. While this is
intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the
Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential
functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 903110