What does an exceptional Senior Staff Server Engineer
We are a rapidly growing and highly capable product engineering
team building applications that transform the way merchants run and
manage their business.
You will play a critical role in planning and producing quality,
reliable, and scalable applications to support our Clover product.
With Clover, these businesses can run thousands of transactions,
access reports on a dashboard remotely and handle their inventory
through a single solution across hundreds of locations. The Clover
product replaces cash registers, terminals, receipt printers, label
printers and barcode scanners. This position is in the Clover Link
zone. We are responsible for building software solutions that allow
our merchant’s to manage and operate their businesses across their
As a Senior Staff Server Engineer on our Clover Link team, your
squad will be delivering a microservice-based architecture to allow
distributed engineering teams to develop and deploy consumer facing
solutions around the world. As an Architect, you can look forward
to: In this role you will contribute to all aspects of project
development and delivery with specific focus on the development of
new features and enhancements to support integration of Fiserv
systems to facilitate opening new channels of business.
As an Senior Staff Server Engineer, you can look forward to:
- Installing, configuring, customizing, upgrading, supporting and
troubleshooting all technical issues related to on premise and
hosted environments for both desktop and mobile platforms.
- Working directly with clients to understand business needs,
define requirements, quote projects
- Building, testing, implementing and launching the solutions
- Work directly with third party vendors to define technical
requirements and customize, configure and implement solutions to
interface with various external systems.
- Being hands on with development and resolving of all technical
issues within an on premise and hosted client environment.
- Working with senior management to define and implement
technical processes and procedures within the department focusing
on client satisfaction and efficiency.
- Collaborating with Product Development, UX Designers, and QA to
build quality products; including resolving complex technical
issues related to projects.
- Communicating within your functional team and across
Engineering to keep information flowing
- Reviewing peer code, designs, and providing mentorship.
- Writing tests and automation to advance maturity in product
- Being a highly motivated “self-starter” who is passionate about
web development and is anxious to learn from other high-level web
- Being a team player, ability to collaborate idea sharing in a
strong product setting.
- Developing backend APIs using Node.js on AWS Lambda and
Kubernetes Express based services
- Following Agile SDLC, participating in planning and Scrumban
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- Experience with server-side programming in Java (Java 8 or
- Experience with MySQL and JDBC; experience with JPA, such as
Hibernate, is a plus
- Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Experience developing REST web services, and understanding of
client tools such as Postman and cURL
- Familiarity with Linux / Unix environments
- Experience with TLS and certificate management in Java
- Experience with Java test frameworks such as JUnit and
- Git version control
frameworks such as React or Ember is a plus
Preferred Skills, Experience, and Education:
- 8+ years of experience with Java and Object-Oriented
- Experience architecting microservice-based systems
- Experience leading teams of developers and demonstrated success
delivering complex systems into production
- Experience operating and supporting critical business
- Ability to see the "big picture" and coordinate
Learn more about Fiserv:
To support the total well-being of our associates, Fiserv takes
a broad approach to our benefits. We offer a comprehensive benefits
package that provides flexibility and affordability with a variety
of medical, dental, vision, life insurance and disability
We are #FISVProud of our benefits and well-being programs. Our
commitment to wellness, wellness education, preventive services and
fitness activities are designed to meet you where you are.
Life moves fast. And as it does, we know most people aren’t
thinking about “financial services”. But we are.
We help people and businesses move money and information every
minute of every day. Our solutions connect financial institutions,
corporations, merchants and consumers to one another, millions of
times a day, behind the scenes, reliably and securely.
We’re Fiserv, a global leader in Fintech and payments enabling
innovative financial services experiences that are in step with the
way people live and work today. The company’s approximately 44,000
associates proudly serve clients in more than 100 countries, so
their customers, members and consumers can move money when and
where they need it, at the point of thought.
Our Aspiration is to move money and information in a way that
moves the world. As a FORTUNE™ 500 company and one of FORTUNE
Magazine World’s Most Admired Companies for the eighth consecutive
year, we are committed to excellence and purposeful innovation.
We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Fiserv is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your
Forward with us.