Company: US LBM Holdings
Posted on: October 8, 2021
For over 80 years, J.P. Hart Lumber has helped build Texas. Our
strong family-oriented culture and leadership is the foundation to
our success. Our core focus is to improve lives in our communities
by providing innovative solutions to leading builders.
The building materials industry is extremely competitive, and
our employees are what set us apart. If you are looking for a great
career, have a “whatever it takes” attitude, and are always willing
to go the extra mile to exceed our customers’ expectations then we
want to talk! We are always growing and need exceptional people on
Things you should know about working at JP Hart
- We are all about teamwork! All positions are hands on, and we
band together when necessary.
- We support each other. We have local and corporate team members
to help you along the way and partner on projects as
- We are a relaxed atmosphere; this is not a suit and tie
- We work hard. We are a continuous improvement driven
organization, and we are focused on keeping organized and on
How You Will Spend Your Days as a Truss
- Assemble building material components such as roof and
floor trusses. Processes include insertion or positioning of
materials, clamping, splicing, fitting parts and use of both hand
and power tools.
- Plan and implement the assembly or sub-assembly process by
reading and understanding set-up sheets, work orders, simple
drawings or blueprints and gather necessary materials and tools to
- Ensure that sub-assembled and assembled items meet specific
quality specifications; may propose process improvements in order
to increase finished quality or efficiency of assembly
- Plan and keep a safe pace of own work in order to meet daily,
weekly, project, or team related production goals.
- Respond attentively to training from foreman or more senior
assemblers in order to increase own knowledge of work
- Understand and observe all safety procedures and practices in
order to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attend periodic
safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve
- Other duties may be assigned.
Position will require repetitive bending, stooping,
kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting/carrying over 50 lbs.,
pushing/pulling, twisting, standing, and walking.
We want you to join the team if you can check these
- Knowledge of and ability to usa a variety of hand and power
tools to assemble building components
- Manual dexterity
- Knowledge of safety procedures while performing assembly
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved wrtiten or oral instructions
- Ability to read and understand simple diagrams or
- High school diploa or GED - This is an entry level position
where the incumbent will receive on-the-job trainng
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental
disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status,
order of protection status, or any other legally recognized
protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: US LBM Holdings, Austin , Truss Assembler, Other , Taylor, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!