Posted on: September 16, 2021
We Are Hiring:
What You Will Do:
Product Owner is a technology professional
responsible for setting, prioritizing, and evaluating the work
generated by a software Scrum team in order to ensure
impeccable features and functionality of the product.
The product owner is business savvy as he or she is the decision
maker regarding what features the product will have. That means,
the PO should understand the market, the customer and the business
in order to make sound decisions. The PO should also have a
technical background so they can contribute to and prioritize
technical features as well to achieve the highest performing
Accountabilities: Detail by Level
- Provides the vision and direction to the Agile team and
stakeholders throughout the project
- Ensures that the team always has an adequate amount of prior
prepared tasks to work on
- Plans and prioritizes product backlog and development for the
- Defines product vision, road-map and growth
- Assesses value, develops cases, and prioritizes stories, epics
and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that
are aligned with product strategy
- Provides backlog management, iteration planning, and
elaboration of the user stories
- Works closely with Product Management to create and maintain a
product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Leads the planning product release plans and set expectation
for delivery of new functionalities
- Provides an active role in mitigating impediments impacting
successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Researches and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for
- Communicates to and manages the product’s various
- Understands and makes recommendations for improving the
performance metrics of the product.
- Ultimately responsible for successful delivery of products that
- Participates in cross-functional discussions for developing and
implementing new processes, standards and high level
- Designs, develops, modifies and adapts short- and long-term
solutions to information technology (IT).
- Contributes to the creation of business driven technology
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
Fundamental Skills &
- Understand a business unit’s
desired end state business model including business strategy,
offerings, operations and structure.
- Identify core business capabilities
and processes, the entities that interact with those capabilities,
and the interactions between these core business capabilities
- Ability to write clear epics and
user stories to achieve business outcomes
- Understanding of Software
development life cycle
- Ability to derive business value
from project requests
- Interpersonal, negotiation,
prioritization and relationship management skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving,
judgment and decision making skills
- Excellent communication skills:
oral, written, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to produce high quality
work products under pressure and within deadlines.
- Ability to construct an
approach/plan for the execution of priorities with guidance from
product line leads and/or the sr. business architect
Preferred Education and Work Experience
Bachelor's degree in
engineering/computer science or related field preferred; minimum of
3 - 5 or more years of experience devising and deploying solution
designs and/or software development; experience working in a large
global IT environment strongly preferred.
- Must have experience at a large technology products
and services organization. Ideal candidate possesses at least two
years of consecutive relationship management experience
- 3 years or more experience in an information
technology discipline with increasing responsibility.
- Healthcare IT experience preferred
- Agile experience preferred
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
• 1 year of experience required.
• 4 years of experience preferred.
• 2 years of leadership or management experience
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of
over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission
of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to
all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career
coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and
tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path.
In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Technologies is an equal opportunity employer
(EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally
protected status. For further information regarding your EEO
rights, click on the following link to the “EEO is the Law”
the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make
an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a
position using our official application. Be on alert for possible
fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money
or banking information from applicants.
employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification
Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension, Austin , Product Owner, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!