Pro Sales Manager
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Purpose of Role:
The primary purpose of this role is to drive sales for Lowe's
largest regional pro customers at a faster rate than the general
populace of Lowe's pro customers. This will be accomplished by
building relationships with larger Pro customers and leveraging
opportunities to deploy product and account management solutions,
resulting in sales gains. Additionally, the Pro Sales Manager will
attend tradeshows, conduct jobsite/customer office visits in an
effort to introduce more product categories, promotional pricing,
key product solutions and close sales.
• Drive Pro sales for assigned and Prospect portfolio of customers
by conducting market research, cold calling, following through on
lead generation, meeting with clients/customers on a regular basis
in their place of business, jobsites and tradeshows.
• Schedule regular visits to worksites to determine to identify if
additional product is needed, take order, work with store to
fulfill the order.
• During customer meetings, negotiate pricing and contract terms in
order to close sales.
• Conducts district level research of pro customer opportunities to
find the highest opportunity customers to pursue.
• Works with assigned accounts and pulls together all relevant
information to create an effective strategy to deploy for their
• Works cross-functionally with District Managers and Store
Managers to bring the services and products needed to increase pro
sales, with each of the PSMs customers.
• Meets the highest level purchasing decision makers to conduct
supplier annual reviews, coordinate and lead quarterly and annual
planning and production meetings, hold vendor specific trade shows,
board of director vendor approval meetings, etc.
• Conducts 12-15 sales calls each week to review products,
production schedules, planning schedules, delivery timing and new
product introductions; ensuring these sales calls are scheduled 1-2
weeks in advance.
• Applies a consultative selling strategy to understand the needs
of the customer and apply a proactive selling approach when
scheduling on-going follow-ups with sales opportunities.
• Builds strong working relationships with District Managers, Store
Managers, Regional Vice Presidents.
• Uses all relevant selling tools, selling programs and fulfillment
channels to bring the most effective solutions that will most
benefit their pro customer.
• Updates District Manager on a weekly basis in regards to sales
and customer opportunities, wins and sales performance, including
yearly planned sales.
• Influences the District Manager and store managers in regards to
service levels and in stock levels needed to assist specific
• Works cross functionally with district and regional based
merchandising team members to ensure the proper and most relevant
products related to their managed account customers.
• Communicates effectively with Regional Pro Sales Director and
Divisional Sales Director.
• Researches and analyzes the market to ascertain competitive
service levels, Pro programs, and price ranges in order to leverage
trends and better serve customers.
• Integrates with customer’s accounting and business operations
practices to best support and integrate processes between Lowe’s
and customer’s purchasing and accounting systems.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field and 4+ years
relevant professional sales experience OR 8+ years relevant
professional sales experience in lieu of degree
• Experience selling products and services to strategic accounts
and/or Business to Business selling
• Strong communications skills to interact with customer
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Teams
• Experience with CRM technology
• Sales experience in the maintenance, repair, operations,
construction, home improvement, or property maintenance
Keywords: Lowe's, Austin , Pro Sales Manager, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!