Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated
for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St.
David's South Austin Medical Center our nurses set us apart from
any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Operating Room
Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our benefits package
offers eligible colleagues an attractive package that includes
medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some
unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our nurses play a
vital part. We know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique.
Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA
Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible
for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for
life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for
our Operating Room Registered Nurse opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a(n) Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN), you will be
responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan
of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the
interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the
other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will complete age appropriate assessment of patient on
arrival to surgical suite.
* You will assist with the care of the patient during anesthesia
induction and/or prepare the patient for local anesthesia.
* You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical
* You will perform correct surgical preps.
* You will accurately document and report patient care.
* You will demonstrate competency for all surgical specialties
* You will participate in staff and self-development.
* You will assist with the orientation of new employees.
* You will complete annual department competencies.
* 1 year Operating room environment
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or
Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas
license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification –
per SDH policy
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is an
acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient
beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally
accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center,
home to the area’s only adult bone marrow
transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility’s
full range of
specialized services includes cardiovascular care and
rehabilitation, imaging services, women’s services, joint
replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight
loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition
services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three
full-service emergency centers.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s
HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas
and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s
HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA
Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and
Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We
are interviewing candidates for our Operating Room Registered Nurse
opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent
Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.