Patient Care Technician Medical Surgical Telemetry
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Do you have the career opportunities as a Patient Care
Technician (PCT) you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical
Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your
needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental,
and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Sign on bonus of $2,000 available for qualified
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Patient Care Technician like you to
be a part of our team.
As a Patient Care Technician (PCT) you will deliver high
quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety patient care
services related to activities of daily living and basic needs.
Under the supervision of the registered nurse, you will deliver
patient care based while providing emotional and physical comfort
to the patient.
- You will demonstrate exceptional customer service, compassion
and empathy in all interactions with patients and family
- You will assist patients with basic needs, personal hygiene,
mobility and transportation.
- You will obtain and record patient information throughout the
cycle of care, including admissions data and vital signs
- In conjunction with nurses and physicians, you will be
responsible for educating patients and families on the care and
therapies being provided
- You will be responsible for recording information in patient
- You will maintain close communicate with physicians, nurses and
healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient’s
- You will monitor supplies levels in your unit and patient rooms
and restock as needed
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St.
David’s HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a
range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a
nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult
bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a
Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and
critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service
maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers
in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Patient
Care Technician opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
- 1+ years of experience in an acute care hospital setting –
Certifications and Licenses
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) certification –
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Austin , Patient Care Technician Medical Surgical Telemetry, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!