We Are Hiring:
Ascension Seton Behavioral Health -
Intensive Outpatient Program is hiring a Full-time Licensed
Behavioral Health Counselor!
Our care team at Ascension Seton Behavioral Health is here to help
you and deliver
care that’s right for you.
At Ascension Seton Behavioral Health, our care team diagnoses and
treats a wide
range of mental illnesses. Our care team offers group therapy to
linked to mental illness, including drug and alcohol addiction,
family conflicts, chronic
hopelessness, personality disorders, impulsivity and social
Our team has group programming that runs
from 9:00am to 9:00pm. We are looking for a counselor to work 8
hours shifts that fall within that time frame to conduct individual
assessments and facilitate group therapy.
Availability Range: Monday-Thursday
8:30am -9:30pm; Friday 8:30am- 5:00pm
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy experience preferred
- DUAL (Substance Use related Disorders and General Mental
Health) experience preferred
- Bilingual- Spanish is a plus
- At least 3 plus months in social services setting with IOP
- Working knowledge of general mental health disorders and
- Relevant knowledge of mental health services and resources in
the Greater Austin area
- Clinical skills utilized telephonically is a plus
Preferred Education & Licensure:
What You Will Do:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or similar
behavioral health field
- LPC, LPC-A OR LMSW, LCSW
Provide behavioral health counseling
What You Will Need:
- Conduct patient assessments and establish therapy treatment
- Administer individual and group therapy. Maintain thorough and
confidential records of observations.
- Work directly with the patient, family, physician and community
providers to ensure active and collaborate care from the initiation
of treatment to the time of discharge.
- Function as therapist regarding trauma and personality
disorders, providing clinical consultation to staff and
psychiatrist. Provide clinical consultation to hospital staff about
mental health issues for various patient populations, including
children and families. Interpret and communicate necessary
information regarding patients and families including social
history information to staff and physicians.
- Coordinate planning, make recommendations and facilitate
decision-making concerning individual patient care plans. Plan
treatments and review physician cases. Interact with insurance
companies regarding mental health claims and provide insurance and
billing consultation, support, and education to other staff as
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Licensure / Certification /
- One or more of the following required:
- Counselor credentialed from the Texas State Board of Examiners
of Professional Counselors obtained prior to hire date or job
- Social Worker credentialed from the Texas State Board of Social
Worker Examiners obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
- Clinical Counselor preferred.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas,
has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding
career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to
high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all.
We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas,
including 3 teaching hospitals, Dell Seton Medical Center at the
University of Texas, Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin and Dell
Children's Medical Center, where candidates can find both career
and clinical education opportunities. If you are looking for a
rewarding career in healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Seton is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information