Vice President Commercial Development - Science Waterwater Epidemiology
Company: Clinical Management Consultants
Posted on: September 9, 2021
An expanding startup company is looking for a
dedicated and analytical VP of Commercial – Science to join a
new Wastewater Epidemiology product offering (and other
potential business opportunities).
The COVID-19 pandemic underscored a global need for
comprehensive pathogen testing, analysis, and action. Going beyond
existing tools (such as individual COVID or opioid testing),
wastewater monitoring can dramatically expand the ability of public
health officials, institutional facility operators, and real estate
owners and managers to understand and respond to existing and
emerging health threats in an economically viable way. This
presents an opportunity to develop a unique offering to limit the
spread of illness, protect human health, and minimize business
risk/disruption with unique capabilities in strategy and planning,
testing, and analysis, in service to government, institutional, and
real estate customers.
The VP Commercial – Science responsibilities include developing
commercial feasibility of wastewater testing program, including
understanding customer interests and priorities and the science
behind the program. Additional general responsibilities
include overseeing the daily sales activities, meeting with major
clients, writing sales reports, designing effective sales
strategies, and marketing company products and services.
To be successful as a VP of Commercial – Science, you should
have good leadership skills and the ability to drive company
success. Additionally, due to the scientific focus of this role,
the right candidate should have a commercial and sales skillset and
experience but should also have a background in science (i.e.,
microbiology, epidemiology, etc.) Ultimately, a top-notch VP
of Commercial – Science should have an in-depth knowledge of the
market and competitive products, the science behind them, and have
excellent customer service, interpersonal, and communication
- Understand the commercial feasibility of a Wastewater
epidemiology product offering
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders to optimize the
commercialization of our scientific offering(s), including internal
science, compliance, engineering, and operations organizations, as
well as external clients and partners.
- Working with the marketing department to design print and
online promotional materials for the company's products and
- Identifying where improvements can be made and developing sales
plans and strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Recruiting and hiring sales staff and developing training
- Managing sales teams and maintaining sales operations.
- Outlining and managing sales budgets.
- Setting quarterly and annual sales goals and motivating the
sales teams to achieve their goals.
- Monitoring the market and competitor products and activities
and providing detailed sales forecasting.
- Reviewing customer activity, anticipating consumer needs, and
improving customer satisfaction.
- Creating sales reports and providing feedback to the leadership
team at company meetings.
- Establishing and maintaining key customer relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related and/or science-related
- Master's degree in a business-related and/or science-related
- Minimum of seven years experience in a sales leadership
- Minimum of four years of experience working in a selling role
and with sales technology and CRM software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in microbiology,
epidemiology, or other related scientific fields.
- In-depth knowledge of selling strategies and methods, as well
as employee motivation techniques.
- Strong working knowledge of the company's products, competitive
products, and the market.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal, and
customer service skills.
- Great strategic planning, organizational, and creative thinking
Keywords: Clinical Management Consultants, Austin , Vice President Commercial Development - Science Waterwater Epidemiology, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!