Entry Level Controls Engineer (Design Group)
Company: Barry Wehmiller Design Group
Posted on: September 8, 2021
Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United
States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical
services for the world’s leading companies in the food and
beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other
market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts
have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control
system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture,
construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise
technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering
consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging,
corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending
people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies
and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion
organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common
belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Our Controls Engineer will develop automation solutions and
participate in various phases of automation projects including
creating design specifications, system design, software
configuration, programming and testing, as well as commissioning
and start-up of a variety of high speed and other automated
manufacturing processes. The ideal candidate will have a
track record of proficiency with client relationships, control
systems, troubleshooting and high intensity environments.
- Create and design automation control systems and create project
documentation and drawings to meet client requirements.
- Develop electrical and panel designs for automated control
- Configure software and hardware packages according to client
- Develop PLC programming (Rockwell, Siemens, Beckhoff) and HMI /
SCADA programming (FactoryTalk, Cimplicity, Wonderware, Ignition)
- Communicate with project stakeholders the progress relative to
- Manage engineering projects as assigned
- Manage project deliverables to agreed schedule and scope
- Manage site construction and installation
- Manage site start-up support of integrated control systems
- Validate and commission facility systems following established
execution protocols and ensure a successful turnover of the system
to the customer.
- Diagnose automation problems and interact with teams, clients
- 3-5+ years of direct experience as a controls engineer working
on automated processes/system integration in a Food, Beverage,
Advanced Technology, Oil & Gas, Consumer Health Product or other
industrial manufacturing environment.
- Experience creating and designing automation controls systems
- Solid understanding of industrial control panel design and
- Familiarity with industrial instrumentation and controls
- Solid understanding of engineering documentation such as
P&IDs, process flow diagrams and standard operating
- Experience with control hardware, field instrumentation,
control system installation and configuration.
- Familiarity with machine safety applications, electrical power
distribution and control panel design.
- Proficient with written and verbal technical communication
including generating reports and conducting group
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project
requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation
and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored
meetings, trainings, industry related seminars, forums, or
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical
Engineering or similar degree preferred
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a
wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical
requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what
you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know
that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence
and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are
encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if
you require reasonable accommodations during the interview
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This
organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may
include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications,
background screening and/or skills assessments.
Keywords: Barry Wehmiller Design Group, Austin , Entry Level Controls Engineer (Design Group), Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!