Posted on: September 7, 2021
Leidos is currently seeking an HVAC Specialist to support a
Department of Veteran Affairs mission critical data center located
in Austin, TX. This is an exciting opportunity to use your
experience helping the IOSS mission. The mission of the
Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information &
Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and
Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One
VA world-class service to Veterans and their families by delivering
results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective
information technology services provided/housed in a data
Must have prior experience in installing, operating, and
maintaining large computer room air conditioning (CRAC) systems in
an IT data center. As a member of the 24/7/365 team:
- Perform 24/7/365 monitoring and readiness of Data Center
infrastructure and space.
- Tour of duty will provide onsite coverage during the day,
Friday through Monday, but may be called upon to change shifts for
coverage reasons. This position, after completing on-boarding
and training, will primarily be working the shift Friday,
Saturday, Sunday and Monday, 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Support the operation and maintenance of the Data Center’s
environmental systems, including heating, ventilation, and air
conditioning (HVAC) systems, power systems, and fire protection
systems. HVAC systems may include chilled water, condenser water,
direct expansion refrigerant, and/or other type systems, depending
on the location.
- Monitor the computer room mechanical support systems, including
chilled water systems (water chillers, air conditioning units,
pumps, distribution piping, heat rejection units, cooling towers,
air handlers, humidifiers, and other HVAC equipment) and heating
systems (boilers, water heaters, and other HVAC equipment).
- Monitor emergency generators, uninterruptible power supply
(UPS) systems, storage batteries, transfer switches, transformers,
switch gear, electrical monitoring and distribution equipment,
variable speed drives, lighting systems, circuit breakers of all
sizes and descriptions, and other electrical systems/equipment to
ensure a stable, redundant, reliable computer room
- Review, install, and close out computer room system
installations and de-installations of HVAC equipment/systems.
- Ensure the computer room operating environment in accordance
with applicable ASHRAE guidance for Class A computer room
- Plan, implement, and maintain a predictive sustainment,
maintenance, and repair program for installed infrastructure
equipment supporting the computer room environments.
- Maintain system operational and maintenance logs by tracking
scheduled and unscheduled events, record issues and identify
potential risks to reliable equipment operations for future
engineering review and trend analysis.
- Prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports and related
documents as required by ITOPS IO standards or other directives
provided by the Government COR/VA PM.
- Prepare reports required for tracking progress as
- Establish and maintain assigned project files for the
Facilities Management Section.
- Perform analysis on equipment as required to maintain
performance. Research online or other sources for market research
information and prepare results for COR/VA PM per
- Review, analyze, and provide recommended updates to all
operational and maintenance procedures.
- Adhere to task order specifications and established policies
and procedures by reporting any noted discrepancies to the COR,
Government VA PM, or management.
- Document and update facility maintenance plans and
- other tasks that may be assigned
- High School diploma
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Active Texas Air Conditioning / Refrigeration License
- Certificate of Attendance – OSHA Safety (10-hour course)
- Must be able to climb and balance (stairs, ladders, etc.)
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or
- Specific vision abilities required – close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust/focus.
- Must be able to lift/move objects 10-50 lbs.; occasionally lift
and/or move objects weighing more than 100 lbs.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Experience with chiller plants a plus.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word,
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Austin , HVAC Specialist, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!