Sales Engineer II, National Accounts - Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: July 22, 2021
At a glance:
- Are you client-focused and familiar with evaluating client
- Can you commit to a technical sales support position guiding
national accounts through the selection of fiber services?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development?
At Spectrum Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work
environment that encourages our team members to reach their full
potential. We promote a culture of excellence that celebrates
diversity, innovative thinking and dedication to consistently
exceeding client expectations.
Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter Communications, Inc., is a
national provider of scalable, fiber technology solutions serving
America's largest businesses and communications service providers.
The broad Spectrum Enterprise portfolio includes networking and
managed services solutions: Internet access, Ethernet access and
networks, Voice and TV solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's
industry-leading team of experts works closely with clients to
achieve greater business success by providing solutions designed to
meet their evolving needs. More information about Spectrum
Enterprise can be found at enterprise.spectrum.com.
As a driven and client-centric Sales Engineer, you simplify the
networking needs of national clients through accurate technical
pre-sales activities. You have strong persuasive writing abilities
that showcase the efficiency of our innovative fiber services
within a proposal. You possess a developed ability to evaluate
client networking requirements and provide a cost-effective
combination of wide area network (MAN), wide area network (WAN),
Wave, internet, video, session initiation protocol (SIP) and
primary rate interface (PRI) solutions that align with their needs.
You are passionate about educating clients and motivating them to
share in your network technology enthusiasm.
You enjoy sharing your knowledge through the preparation and
presentation of technical sales proposals for new and existing
clients. Using your expertise and understanding of each client's
current and future networking needs, you outline solutions for
their immediate issues readying them for upsell and renewal
opportunities. You possess a keen ability to overcome technical
obstacles to ensure a smooth installation and integration process
for clients. You thrive in an office environment and feel
comfortable traveling to assess client requirements across the
Spectrum Enterprise footprint. You report directly to the Manager
of National Sales Accounts for goals, guidance and assistance.
- Competitive salary.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available.
What you will do:
- Be a poignant member of the sales team by supporting all
procedures to achieve the monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Identify and highlight client improvement areas by performing a
needs assessment and status evaluation of their current
- Entice clients by creating technical and product presentations,
network designs and formal proposal responses that align with their
needs and provide follow-up consultations.
- Develop unique service offerings for metro Ethernet, internet,
Wave, voice over internet protocol (VoIP), PRI and video standard
and non-standard solutions through collaboration with Network
Engineering, Operations and Product teams.
- Drive the sales process by serving as a subject matter expert
on Spectrum Enterprise data services and providing proof of concept
to internal engineering and support organizations.
- Boost sales by developing technical and strategic responses for
the requests for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFP) and
request for quote (RFQ).
- Continuously improve product offerings by researching industry
knowledge and emerging technology trends.
- Maintain project compliance by adhering to state, national and
company policies and procedures.
Required keys for success:
- Experience in the design and implementation of complex Metro
Ethernet, VoIP, SIP and multi-protocol label switching (MPLS)
- Skilled in data and voice communications and internet protocol
(IP) security strategies.
- Detailed knowledge of converging technologies such as, VoIP/
SIP, internet protocol virtual private network (IP-VPN), dense
wavelength division multiplexing (DWDM), MPLS, virtual private LAN
service (VPLS), metro Ethernet and LAN/WAN integration.
- History of designing and implementing complex metro Ethernet,
VOIP, SIP and MPLS solutions.
- Proven track record of presenting technical information to
high-level clients and executives.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage
- Ability to efficiently conduct consultative analysis and
- Expert in troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Experience in supporting large Enterprise clients and
executives with high energy.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently and within
a team environment.
- Valid driver's license, safe driving record and availability to
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related
field or an equivalent combination of education, training and
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA), Cisco Certified
Network Associate (CCNA) or Cisco Certified Network Professional
(CCNP), Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP (preferred).
- Metro Ethernet Forum Carrier Ethernet Certified Professional
2.0 (MEF-CECP) (preferred).
- Vendor training or certifications from Alcatel-Lucent, Juniper
or ADVA (preferred).
Keywords: Spectrum, Austin , Sales Engineer II, National Accounts - Spectrum Enterprise, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!