Security Analyst Senior
Posted on: July 20, 2021
Leidos is searching for a Security Analyst, Senior for our team
at the Austin Information Technology Center.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping
the IOSS mission. The mission of the Department of Veterans
Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T),
Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS),
Infrastructure Operations (IO) is to support One VA world-class
service to Veterans and their families by delivering
results-oriented, secure, highly available, and cost-effective
information technology services. IO support helps to provide
critical services focusing on consistent availability of
Veteran-facing applications and quick delivery of benefits for
A Senior Security Analyst has experience in managing teams of
security analysts. May be called upon to be a team lead because of
the Senior title. Need experience in managing a team.
- Able to effectively leverage vast detailed knowledge and
familiarity with security discipline.
- Has thorough knowledge of security principles, concepts, policy
- Able to identify risks in security systems and work with
technical experts to resolve security issues.
- Possess ability to identify key concepts, factors and risks
based on conversations and document these in clear and concise
narrative or graphic reports.
- Security Analyst Senior will provide enterprise focus on
security controls using their background in NIST Framework and
Cyber Security Framework.
- The Security Analyst Senior will utilize their expertise
with NIST 800-53 to analyze and to speak to and about security
controls with various customers, product owners, program managers,
and senior level executives.
- The Security Analyst Senior will have a strong understanding of
NIST Controls and will utilize the GRC Tool (eMASS) extensively in
- The Security Analyst Senior will be a System Steward in
- The Security Analyst Senior will maintain subject
matter expertise level of a Certified Authorization Professional
(CAP®). on related criteria and guidance such as Federal
Information Systems Management Act (FISMA), NIST Special Pubs, OMB
Memorandum, Privacy Act, HIPAA, applicable VA directives and
handbooks IAW 2.0, and local directives and handbooks.
- The Security Analyst Senior will be responsible for
pure Assessment and Authorization (A&A) to include
Research, Developing, and Controls.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems,
Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 5 years
of experience. 15 years of relevant experience may be
substituted for degree.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance
- US Citizen Federal Contract requirement
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and
effectively managing relationships with customers, build and
release managers, technical teams, product development, project
managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving
innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to
operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and
- Experience with eMass. The Enterprise
Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) is a web-based government
off the shelf (GOTS) solution that automates a broad range of
services for comprehensive, fully integrated cyber security
management, including controls scorecard measurement, dashboard
reporting, and the generation of the risk management framework
(RMF) for the Veteran’s Administration. eMASS provides an
integrated suite of authorization capabilities and prevents
cyber-attacks by establishing strict process control mechanisms for
obtaining authorization to operate decisions.
- Enterprise Focus
- Security Controls
- Background NIST Framework
- NIST 800-53 Expert
- Strong understanding of NIST Controls
- Analysis of NIST 800-53
- Great Communication Skills
- Ability to speak about Security Controls to Senior Level
- Public Speaking Experience
- Product experience with GRC Tool (eMASS)
- System Steward Experience in eMASS
- Previous VA experience
External Referral Bonus:
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Austin , Security Analyst Senior, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!