We Are Hiring:
We are hiring front line heroes willing to
join us in a time of great need.
Registered Nurse Manager for ICU - Seton Medical Center
Full Time (40hrs) -
At Ascension Seton, we know where our true value lies. It’s not
only the eleven-county area and more than 1.8 million people we
serve. It’s in our associates. Including,
We offer a Robust Sign on Bonus / Competitive Compensation /
Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin
is a leader in cardiac care and complex critical care patients in
Central Texas. Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin is a part
of Ascension, a non-profit organization. Our team approach
brings together a wide range of specialists, advanced technology
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare
organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across
the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and
Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to
delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to
those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion
in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit
Highlights of our
- Academic Hospital with 400 beds
- Specialties include: Cardiology, Cardiac Surgery, Women’s
Health, Orthopedics, Pulmonary Medicine, Oncology
- Heart Transplant Center
- TJC certified VAD Center
- ELSO Gold Center of Excellence for ECMO
- Advance Critical Care Management
- DNV Comprehensive Stroke Center
- Level IV Trauma Center
- Nursing Career Portfolio available
Highlights of our
What You Will Do:
- 30 bed ICU
- We work with the multidisciplinary medical team to manage
- Charge nurses outside of staffing numbers, available to
assist at the bedside
- Associate self-scheduling with nurse driven schedulers to
balance the needs of the unit
- Active mentorship program to assist with teamwork at and
outside of work
- Highly engaged team members and leaders that participate
in self-driven programs to improve patient care and workplace
- Specialties include Advanced Heart Failure, Complex
Cardiac Surgery, Ventricular Assist Devices (Heartmate, Heartware,
Impella), Heart Transplant, ECMO, Complex Spine, and
- Critical Care Nurse Transport team covering a 60 mile
radius for complex patients referred to ASMCA
- Intensivist or Critical Care NP 24/7
Manage activities, workflow and nursing
resources of assigned nursing unit(s).
What You Will Need:
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation
requirements for self and within unit.
- Conduct hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating
- Identify and resolve issues affecting the delivery of patient
care services for the assigned unit(s).
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to guarantee
efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Monitor and adhere to budget.
- Approve or monitor expenditures, purchases and other actions to
ensure compliance with budget guidelines.
Licensure / Certification /
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job
transfer date required.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of
- Bachelor's in nursing required.
- 3 years of experience required.
- 1 year of leadership or management experience required.
Management experience required
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas,
has provided thousands of associates and caregivers a rewarding
career in healthcare since 1902. We strive to expand access to
high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services for all.
We operate more than 100 clinical locations in central Texas,
including two teaching hospitals, Dell Medical School at The
University of Texas and Dell Children's Medical Center, where
candidates can find both career and clinical education
opportunities. If you are looking for a rewarding career in
healthcare, explore a career with us today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000
individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving
others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our
inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches
and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools
that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In
fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance
alone to support associate growth and development. If you are
looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in
your community, we invite you to join our team
Ascension Seton is an equal
opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all
associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical
or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other
legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the “EEO is the Law” poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information