Sr Capture Manager - Military Health and Veterans Affairs
Posted on: July 18, 2021
Leidos is seeking a Senior Capture Manager to support
the business development and capture activities of our Military
Health and Veterans Affairs accounts. This position location
is in Reston, VA, Austin, TX, or San Antonio, TX, with remote
candidates considered. Local and extended travel expected up to 50%
of the time. The position is focused on identifying,
qualifying, and capturing opportunities within Military Health and
Veterans Programs, continuing to build the Leidos business
pipeline, executing the capture process, maintaining a high win
probability, and growing business within the domain.
- Lead capture activities, to include strategy workshops,
opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, collaboration
sessions, proposal reviews. Shape opportunities to increase
- Responsibility for financial stewardship of B&P funds
across lifecycle of opportunity development
- Maintain complete action item lists, call plans and opportunity
repository sites to ensure continuity of materials and actions
across diverse team members and activities
- Drive continuous analytical thinking across team members to
derive appropriately innovative solutions
- Interact routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and
Group management, infrastructure POCs, staff, and customers, and
follow through on tasks.
- Brief capture status to senior management at specified
milestones in the capture process, when material changes occur and
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity
capture participants to document lessons learned and identify
necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred in related technical field, and at
least 12 years in a Capture Manager, Business Development and/or
Proposal Manager position. (additional education, training or
experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- Proven track record of successful capture management at a
variety of acquisition sizes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key account business rhythms,
technical priorities, acquisition trends; access to government
customers and industry partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant
capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing
win probability, and executing customer call plans.
- Prior experience supporting business development and capture
efforts for health or defense agencies.
- Candidates must be US Citizens and be eligible to obtain a
- A technical degree is highly desired.
- Strong, respected relationships within the Military Health /
Veterans Affairs community
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with
limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working
relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in
the Group and across Leidos.
- Self-starter and ability to manage time independently without
- The ability to operate at the senior level and influence,
negotiate and close
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Keywords: Leidos, Austin , Sr Capture Manager - Military Health and Veterans Affairs, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!