Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated
for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At Heart
Hospital of Austin our nurses set us apart from any other
healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Cath Lab EP Pre Post
Registered Nurse to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
Heart Hospital of Austin, our benefits package offers eligible
colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing,
dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
At Heart Hospital of Austin, our nurses play a vital part. We
know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to
create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is
your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to
create the career path that fits their life – for life – and
empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Cath
Lab EP Pre Post Registered Nurse opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Day Patient Cath Lab/EP Prep
and Recovery unit, you will be responsible for nursing care and
related assistance for adult and geriatric patients with a broad
range of illnesses. You will handle assessment of patients,
medication administration, direct and indirect patient care,
circulating cases, scrubbing procedures and procedure documentation
* Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise
plan by the patient’s response to treatment. Evaluate
* plan regularly for effectiveness.
* Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team
Leader, and Physician.
* Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies
dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
* Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per
* Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly
interpret the results.
* Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an
interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
* Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
What qualifications you will need:
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse
* 1 year of Cath Lab experience in a cardiovascular setting –
* Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or
Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas
license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per
St. David’s Healthcare policy
Heart Hospital of Austin,
which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital. We
are one of the highest performing cardiovascular
facilities in the nation. We specialize in the diagnosis
and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a
comprehensive 24-hour emergency department. We have an advanced
Executive Wellness Program. Our six operating rooms (ORs),
including three hybrid ORs serve the city of Austin. We have three
catheterization labs and electrophysiology services as
is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research
programs in the world.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We
are interviewing candidates for our Cath Lab EP Pre Post Registered
Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent
Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.