Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered
Nurse you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join Heart Hospital of Austin, a facility
that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare
services, HCA Healthcare.
At Heart Hospital of Austin we want to ensure your needs are
met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and
vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
Paid Personal Leave
401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of
Identity Theft Protection discounts
Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Student Loan Repayment
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $10,000!
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Registered Nurse like you
to be a part of our team.
What you will do in this role:
As an Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN), you will
be responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of
care, and implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
You will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to refine
and achieve plans of care, and will continually monitor the
patient’s physical condition, emotional and social needs.
- You will perform patient assessments and reassessments on a
- You will perform a triage assessment with rapid data collection
related to medical and traumatic emergencies
- You will assess injury causation and assure neglect or abuse is
reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
- You will formulate a plan of care with interdisciplinary team
members, including expected outcomes for each assigned patient
- You will properly verify, document, and administer
- You will provide health care teaching to patients and families
along with appropriate documentation
- You will evaluate the patient’s progression towards attainment
of outcomes, and document the effectiveness of interventions
What qualifications you will need:
- Associate's Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of adult, acute care nursing experience
- At least 2 years of experience within the Emergency Department
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state of Texas or from
a state within the Nursing Compact required. If Compact, a Texas
license is required within 90 days of hire.
- Current BLS certification required
- Current ACLS certification required
- PALS and/or ENTC required within 6 months of hire date
- TNCC certification required within 18 months of hire date
Heart Hospital of Austin, which is part of St. David’s
HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital and one of the highest performing
cardiovascular facilities in the nation, specializing in the
diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular disease. It features a
comprehensive 24-hour emergency department; an advanced Executive
Wellness Program; six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid
ORs; three catheterization labs; and electrophysiology services. It
is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular research
programs in the world.
As a smaller, specialty hospital, Heart Hospital of Austin
offers a family-like work environment where most all employees know
each other by name. As part of St. David’s HealthCare, it is
one of seven of the area’s leading hospitals and part of one of the
largest health systems in Texas.
Heart Hospital of Austin is nationally recognized by numerous
independent rating organizations for its excellence in clinical
HCAHealthcare has been continually named World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethispheresince 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for
our Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.