Do you have the career opportunities as an Emergency Room (ER)
Registered Nurse (RN) you want in your current role? We have an
exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s North Austin
Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading
provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s North Austin Medical Center we want to ensure
your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical,
dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits
• Student Loan Repayment
• Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
• Paid Personal Leave
• 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of
• Identity Theft Protection discounts
• Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
• Adoption Assistance
• Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $10,000!
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Emergency Room (ER) Registered Nurse
(RN) like you to be a part of our team.
As an Emergency Department (ED) Registered Nurse (RN), you will
be responsible for performing assessments, developing a plan of
care, and implementing and evaluating care for assigned patients.
You will collaborate with other healthcare disciplines to refine
and achieve plans of care, and will continually monitor the
patient’s physical condition, emotional and social needs.
• You will perform patient assessments and reassessments on a
• You will perform a triage assessment with rapid data collection
related to medical and traumatic emergencies
• You will assess injury causation and assure neglect or abuse is
reported to the appropriate agency for intervention
• You will formulate a plan of care with interdisciplinary team
members, including expected outcomes for each assigned patient
• You will properly verify, document, and administer medication
• You will provide health care teaching to patients and families
along with appropriate documentation
• You will evaluate the patient’s progression towards attainment of
outcomes, and document the effectiveness of interventions
What qualifications you will need:
- 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse
- Associate’s degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited program
AND/OR current enrollment in an Alternate Entry Master of Science
in Nursing (MSN) program or higher level education
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact
Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must
be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David’s
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) OR Advanced Life
Support (ALS) certification per St. David’s Healthcare policy
required within 6 months of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) OR Emergency Nursing
Pediatric Course (ENCP) certification – preferred
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC) certification –
St. David’s North Austin Medical Center, which is part of St.
David’s HealthCare, is a 425-bed multi-specialty, acute care
facility dedicated to the highest level of women’s health services,
including maternity and newborn care with Level I, II and III
nurseries at the adjacent St. David’s Women’s Center of Texas. The
facility also features a 24-hour emergency department, the Texas
Institute for Robotic Surgery, the Bariatric Center, Heart and
Vascular Center, neurology and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant
program, inpatient and outpatient surgery and acute inpatient and
outpatient rehabilitation, among many others. St. David’s North
Austin Medical Center is also home to St. David’s Children’s
Hospital. St. David’s Surgical Hospital, which opened in October
2016, is a campus of St. David’s North Austin Medical
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Emergency
Department Registered Nurse opening. We promptly review all
applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.