Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated
for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At St. Davids
Medical Center our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare
provider. We are seeking a(an) Operating Room Registered Nurse PRN
to join our healthcare family.
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
St. Davids Medical Center, our benefits package offers eligible
colleagues an attractive package that includes medical, wellbeing,
dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
At St. Davids Medical Center, our nurses play a vital part. We
know that every nurse’s path and purpose is unique. Do you want to
create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is
your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to
create the career path that fits their life – for life – and
empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our
Operating Room Registered Nurse PRN opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a(n) Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN), you will be
responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan
of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the
interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the
other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will complete age appropriate assessment of patient on
arrival to surgical suite.
* You will assist with the care of the patient during anesthesia
induction and/or prepare the patient for local anesthesia.
* You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical
* You will perform correct surgical preps.
* You will accurately document and report patient care.
* You will demonstrate competency for all surgical specialties
* You will participate in staff and self-development.
* You will assist with the orientation of new employees.
* You will complete annual department competencies.
* 1 year Operating room environment
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or
Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas
license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification –
per SDH policy
David’s Medical Center is a full-service hospital
located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+ bed
facility features a 24-hour emergency department,
the region’s largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
(NICU), and the internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute
St. David’s Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full
scope of services provided at St. David’s Medical Center
includes cancer care, heart and vascular care, imaging services,
joint replacement and orthopedics, women’s services, complex
surgical services, and a Bariatric Surgery Center. The
facility is home to a 60+ bed rehabilitation
hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient
St. David’s Medical Center is part of St. David’s HealthCare,
which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the
third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s HealthCare
was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and
two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and Georgetown
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's
family first, and the really great institutions will provide care
with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We
are interviewing candidates for our Operating Room Registered Nurse
PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent
Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.