HealthCare is implementing a new pay range for full-time and
part-time unit-based bedside nurses, non-exempt frontline nurse
leaders and to a host of non-Nursing roles. Apply today to learn
Do you currently have an opportunity to make a real impact with
your work? With over 2,000 sites of care and serving over 31.2
million patient interactions every year, nurses at St. David's
South Austin Medical Center have the opportunity to make a real
impact. As a(an) Operating Room Registered Nurse you can be a part
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our benefits package
offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that
includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with
some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to
It is an exciting time to be a nurse at HCA Healthcare! Come
unlock your career potential and see how rewarding it can be to
reach your personal and professional goals. Help to advance the
practice of nursing and improve positive outcomes for your patients
as a (an) Operating Room Registered Nurse. We want your knowledge
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a(n) Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN), you will be
responsible for performing patient assessments, developing a plan
of care, and implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the
interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the
other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* You will complete age appropriate assessment of patient on
arrival to surgical suite.
* You will assist with the care of the patient during anesthesia
induction and/or prepare the patient for local anesthesia.
* You will create and maintain a sterile and safe surgical
* You will perform correct surgical preps.
* You will accurately document and report patient care.
* You will demonstrate competency for all surgical specialties
* You will participate in staff and self-development.
* You will assist with the orientation of new employees.
* You will complete annual department competencies.
* 1 year Operating room environment
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or
Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas
license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification –
per SDH policy
St. David’s South Austin Medical
Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with
more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community
for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon
Blood Cancer Center, home to the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II
trauma center. The facility’s full range of specialized services includes
cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women’s
services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services
including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer
care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital
operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s
HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas
and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s
HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA
Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and
Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different
ways to do it."-
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that leverages our size to make a
real impact in our industry! Our Talent Acquisition team is
reviewing applications for our Operating Room Registered Nurse
opening. Submit your application today and help advance the
practice of nursing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.