HealthCare is implementing a new pay range for full-time and
part-time unit-based bedside nurses, non-exempt frontline nurse
leaders and to a host of non-Nursing roles. Apply today to learn
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Progressive Care
Registered Nurse you want in your current role? We invest in what
matters most to nurses like you – at home, at work, and at every
stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to
join St. David's South Austin Medical Center which is a part of the
nation’s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA
We are committed to providing benefits that matter to nurses. At
St. David's South Austin Medical Center, our benefits package
offers eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that
includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with
some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay
based on years of service)
Assistance and Reimbursements for
Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets,
Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft
- Home, Auto,
and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the
forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human
life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a
voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils,
vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our
multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at
St. David's South Austin Medical Center!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a PCU Registered Nurse (RN), you will be responsible for
performing patient assessments, developing a plan of care, and
implementing and evaluating care. As a member of the
interdisciplinary care team, you will work collaboratively with the
other members to assure the safe and accurate delivery of care.
* Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care and revise
plan by the patient’s response to treatment.
* Evaluate plan regularly for effectiveness.
* Communicates appropriately and clearly to Resource Nurse, Team
Leader, and Physician.
* Demonstrates knowledge of cardiac monitoring identifies
dysrhythmias and treats appropriately based on protocol.
* Able to perform a head-to-toe assessment on all patients per
* Able to monitor hemodynamic status of patient and correctly
interpret the results.
* Consults other departments as appropriate to provide an
interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
* Coordinates and supervises patient care as necessary.
* Other duties as assigned.
* 1-3 years of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse
* Able to recognize cardiac rhythms – preferred
* Associate's degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) – preferred
License and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or
Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas
license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David’s
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification –
required within 90 days of hire
St. David’s South Austin Medical
Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with
more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community
for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon
Blood Cancer Center, home to the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II
trauma center. The facility’s full range of specialized services includes
cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women’s
services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services
including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer
care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital
operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David’s
HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas
and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David’s
HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA
Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David’s Foundation and
Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."-
Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If this opportunity is your next step in your career path, we
encourage you to apply for our Progressive Care Registered Nurse
opening. We review all applications. Qualified candidates will be
contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity
at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.