Please click here to be redirected to the internal career
The Machine Operator will be based in Austin, TX. Performs a
variety of duties in the set-up and operation of equipment as
defined in the work instructions for each process.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do
- Reviews production schedules, process procedures and
specifications regarding the sequential start-up, operation and
control of automated equipment and peripheral hardware.
- Performs automated equipment set-up functions which include the
loading of electronic components, raw cards, feeders, fixtures,
stencils, chemicals, etc.
- Performs sequential start-up for the automated equipment and
all peripheral hardware.
- Monitors the operation of the automated equipment and
peripheral hardware. Initiates adjustments to ensure that the
automated equipment and peripheral hardware operate within the
established control limits.
- Monitors the shelf-life usage of perishable chemicals, moisture
sensitive parts and raw card assemblies.
- Inspects quality levels of production on the automated
equipment and peripheral hardware. Makes adjustments to equipment
or hardware when workmanship drops below quality specifications.
Initiate rework/repair activities on product that is substandard to
- Records data required for statistical process control or
- Performs preventive maintenance on the automated equipment and
peripheral hardware at specified intervals and schedules.
- Performs sequential shutdown, including the cleaning of the
automated equipment or peripheral hardware.
Here is some of what you'll need (required)
- Completion of a high school degree or equivalent is preferred.
Successful completion of company provided training may be
- Only Current Contractors working at Austin, TX facility will be
- Typically requires 6-12 months of machine operator
- Able to read and comprehend moderately complex
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to other employees, leads and supervisors of
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's.
- Ability to perform these operations using weight measurement
- Demonstrates basic manufacturing line knowledge and
participates in process.
To perform the major job responsibilities the use of the
following tools may be required:
Electronic Assembly: color code, component, schematics, PCB
loading, PCB touch-up, mechanical assembly, surface mount
Inspection: PCB loaded, components, measuring tools;
Machine Operations: automatic component insertion equipment,
surface mount insertion equipment, wave soldering;
Mechanical & Electrical Tools: measuring tools; Office Skills:
data entry, software.
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
Is Sponsorship Available?
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters,
recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an
Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are
based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not
discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on:
age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability,
pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex
provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with
a disability may participate in the selection process. Please
advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in
a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your
request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable
accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position
within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will
contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to
the required skills required for this position. Thank you for
considering a career with Flex.