Sous Chef - Hotel Magdalena
Company: Bunkhouse Management
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About our Company:
Life gathers around water in Texas, and Hotel Magdalena honors
our spring-fed culture and the community that grows near it. The
design of the 89-room hotel honors the local lake house ethos of
the 1970's, situated amongst rolling grounds and natural beauty
inspired by Texas. The Magdalena is home to a restaurant and
poolside bar, and several other spaces for hosting events and
hanging out. The hotel is located on Music Lane just off South
Hotel Magdalena is proud to be a part of Bunkhouse, which is a
hospitality company created by hotelier Liz Lambert that believes
in inspired design, connection to place and the value of community.
Bunkhouse has designed and developed a celebrated portfolio of
hospitality projects including Hotel San Jos, Hotel Saint Cecilia,
Austin Motel, and Jo's Coffee in Austin, Hotel Havana and Ocho in
San Antonio, El Cosmico in Marfa, Texas, The Phoenix in San
Francisco, California, and Hotel San Cristobal in Baja, Mexico.
We're looking for someone with:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
Certification from a credited Culinary Institute preferred
- Minimum of two years (2) of relevant experience
- Experience with inventory controls (i.e. food, beverage, all
kitchen supplies/utensils, and food and beverage waste)
- Experience with scheduling a staff of 15 or more
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphic communication and
- Strong organizational skills
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes
and menus (regular and special event), considering such factors as
seasonal availability of ingredients and estimated number of
- Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation, purchasing
and cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants within
the Bunkhouse establishment.
o Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure
conformance to established standards and arrange for equipment
purchases and repairs as necessary.
o Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure
that standards are met.
o Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow
standards and regulations.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food
o Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure
o Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Follows inventory standards and procedures to consistently
conduct an accurate inventory.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis
or for special guests or functions.
- Perform personnel actions such as hiring and firing staff,
consulting with other managers as necessary.
o Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers
engaged in food preparation.
o Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking,
garnishing and presentation of food.
o Determine production schedules and staff requirements
necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
Bunkhouse pays competitive wages and offers a liberal working
environment that encourages individuality and creativity. We offer
a superior benefits package to employees who work 20 hours/week or
more that includes:
- Highly subsidized Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Short Term Disability coverage
- Generous Paid Time off (Full Time)
- Free stays at Bunkhouse hotels (Full Time)
- 401k with company matching
- Employee Discounts
Bunkhouse Core Values:
- BE REAL. We treat everyone like human beings. We are respectful
and authentic, we listen, and we develop meaningful relationships
with guests, customers and each other. We encourage our employees
to have a voice and to use it to improve the work we do.
- CREATE MAGIC. In design, service and all things, we go above
and beyond to inspire. Every detail counts, and we believe that our
work is a collaboration that depends on all of us bringing our
creativity and passion to work with us every day.
- BE HERE NOW. In our work, creating a sense of place is
important. We contribute to the fabric of our respective
communities by honoring, representing and supporting the
communities in which our businesses exist. We make it our goal to
be experts on our cities, and we leave travelers with a sense of
where they have been.
- EMBRACE ADVENTURE. We don't always know where the road will
lead, but we know that we'll have each other along the journey. We
strive to learn and grow from our experiences, to create meaningful
structure along the way and, in some cases, to embrace chaos when
- LOOK TOWARDS THE FUTURE. We work with a spirit of continuous
improvement in all areas. We seek to provide a path of growth for
all of our employees and for Bunkhouse as a whole.
Keywords: Bunkhouse Management, Austin , Sous Chef - Hotel Magdalena, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!