Company: IBM Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The infrastructure running industries likes transportation,
energy, insurance, banking or healthcare is quickly changing as the
world's relationship with technology evolves. Companies have more
choices than ever before between on-premise, off-premise, or a
hybrid approach. Our Infrastructure Architects are responsible for
keeping up with the latest and greatest of these changes and using
their expertise to deliver solutions that meet the needs of our
customers and products.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Designing backup services based on commercially available backup
software that is used to deliver an end-to-end managed service to
customers. You will determine the capabilities of the core backup
software and extend them by creating service layers to build a
flexible and efficient managed service capability. With the
solution designed you will document it and educate both sells and
delivery teams on through a mix of written and presented
Persons in this role should be able to:
- Responsible for assisting in designing offerings and reference
architecture of backup and cyber recovery solutions.
- Responsible for working with product owners, IT architects,
software engineers and other stakeholders to clarify and document
- Responsible for creating proof-of-concepts to demonstrate
viability of solutions
- Effectively and clearly communicate with others
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows
- Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform
and/or IBM Cloud public clouds
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMWare,
Hyper-V, KVM or Red Hat Virtualization.
- Experience with storage and SAN technologies
- Experience and understanding IT backup and recovery software
- Experience with one of the major backup products: Spectrum
Protect, Commvault, Veeam, NetBackup, etc.
- Experience writing technical documentation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Intermediate or greater understanding containerization
- Experience with tape storage and tape libraries
- Experience developing a bill of materials models
- Experience with software defined networking (SDN)
- Understand and some experience with relational databases (e.g.
Oracle, DB2, MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, etc.)
- Familiar with scripting languages (e.g. shell scripting,
python, Perl, etc.)
Keywords: IBM Corporation, Austin , Infrastructure Architect, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!