Lead UX Researcher
Posted on: June 12, 2021
About Our Team
You have the unique opportunity to be a part of a
transformational team that will promote new process innovation
within AT&T, through modern practices of design and design
thinking methods. The Design Technology team acts as a startup
inside AT&T. This highly talented team creates exceptional
experiences and desirable products by uncovering the unmet needs of
the customer as inspiration. In this high-paced, creative
environment, we know that our people will make all the difference
in our success. We need energy, curiosity and a relentless interest
in creating the best customer experience!
As a Lead UX Researcher, you will:
- Use your UX talents to research a diverse set of experiences
and products for AT&T, both internal and consumer-facing.
Projects may range from websites and mobile apps to chatbots and
- Develop, lead, and conduct user research and use insights to
advocate for customers, ensuring that their needs are properly
understood and seriously considered by team members, business
clients and product teams.
- Plan, execute and mentor junior members on qualitative and
quantitative research methods.
- Provide creative thought leadership by defining innovative
solutions that solve complex business issues and provide great
experiences for customers.
- Use storytelling, journey maps, storyboards, and prototypes to
convey the vision, flow, and features of products being
- Collaborate with fellow UX designers, researchers, and other
team members to generate ideas and get feedback on your ideas and
- Successfully work with developers, project managers, and other
internal teams to ensure accountability and move your solutions
- Work on several projects simultaneously while meeting tight
- Demonstrate an understanding of business objectives and how to
balance them with design and user needs.
Required Experience & Characteristics
- Typically requires 3-10 years of experience leading strategic
planning and design delivery projects.
- MS or PhD in a human behavior-related field (e.g.,
Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology,
Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Computer Science,
Applied Mathematics) or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and experience with applied qualitative and
quantitative research methods including generative, formative, and
evaluative methods. Example methods include contextual inquiry,
cognitive walkthroughs, ethnographic research, usability testing,
card sorting, experimental design, A/B Testing,
Parametric/Non-parametric statistical tests, and persona/archetype
development. Knowledge and/or experience in data analytics and
machine learning are a plus!
- Knowledge or expertise in one or more of the following is a
plus: service design, design thinking methods and workshop
facilitation, prototyping, and quantitative research methods.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit + Collaborative Drive: You're excited to
help us build the culture of our new team, a self-starter who is
comfortable being proactive and you're eager to work with your
teammates to make your designs better.
- Critical Thinker with a Product Mindset: You're great at
wrangling complex problems and finding clarity and simplicity. You
think strategically about any design challenge and seek to create
holistic, compelling products that serve the end user.
- Empathetic + Fun: You're well-versed in user-centered
methodologies and design thinking. You design for consumer needs
first and foremost. Oh, and you're great fun to work with.
- Communication Skills: You have excellent communication, project
management, and organizational skills. You're able to tell
compelling stories about your work to partners and team
The number one thing you need to know about working at AT&T:
Our employees like being here. They come together to reach goals,
celebrate wins, and make AT&T a fun place to work. We work hard
and play even harder. Because with everything we do, #LifeAtATT is
always an adventure.
At AT&T, diversity means promoting an environment of
inclusion; one in which each individual is valued and every voice
is heard. We recognize all differences - from race, gender, sexual
orientation and religion to perspectives, physical and mental
abilities, experiences and outlooks. We realize that diversity is
more than the right thing to do - it's essential if we want to be
successful in the global marketplace.
This position is located in Austin, TX.
Application Requirements and Instructions
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and portfolio.
Job ID 2125215
Date posted 05/16/2021
Keywords: AT&T, Austin , Lead UX Researcher, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!