Linux DevOps Engineer, Apple Pay
Company: Apple Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way
of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences
very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's
no telling what you could accomplish. Apple Pay is transforming the
industry in payments, transit and identity, and we're aggressively
focusing on the customer's digital wallet experience. Our scale and
security demands create unique opportunities for innovative and
creative solutions which contribute to millions of customer's daily
- Build, automate and support mission critical, highly secure and
highly available large scale infrastructure.
- Linux systems administration experience (RHEL or CentOS or
- In depth understanding of OS, systems security, encryption,
Linux kernel tuning and debugging, and networking stack and
- Configuration Automation - automation cookbooks and test suites
for Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Excellent coding or scripting skills (Python, Golang or
- Cloud technologies: Kubernetes, Docker, and AWS Infrastructure
- Support compute and data infrastructure both in the cloud and
on-premise data centers.
- Automate and enforce IT governance, security, compliance and
- CI/CD experience with Github, Artifactory and Team City or
- Excellent documentation and verbal communication skills.
The Apple Pay team is looking for an enthusiastic Linux DevOps
Engineer to support our rapid growth and expansion. Be a key part
of the Infrastructure Engineering team at Apple Pay with a broad
impact across product and customer experiences. Gather
requirements, build infrastructure and tooling to support Apple Pay
product initiatives. Be a conduit for technical expertise in
liaising with external Apple Pay partners. Provide technical
guidance, solving expertise, and architectural insight to
development, quality, and site reliability teams. Solve complex
problems using both open-source and in-house tooling to support
security and business initiatives. Build applications and tools to
reduce barriers, decrease friction and speed up delivery of
products. Scale existing technologies (or promote new technologies)
to out-pace current growth projections. Evangelize next generation
cloud and on-premise products and processes, experiment with their
implementation and bring them from concept to production
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with 4+ years
or MS degree with 2+ years experience, or equivalent
- Strong ability and enthusiasm to learn new technologies in a
- Prior experience as an SRE, Software Developer, or System
- Experience with the HashiCorp stack - Nomad, Consul, Vault,
- Familiarity with data infrastructure: Cassandra, Kafka, Redis,
and Elastic Search.
- Experience with hybrid cloud technologies - Pulumi,
Keywords: Apple Inc., Austin , Linux DevOps Engineer, Apple Pay, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!