Principal Site Reliability Engineer
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Splunk Cloud Infrastructure Team
The Cloud organization builds robust and resilient auto-scaling
platform solutions for hosting Splunk's enterprise software. The
teams are fast-paced, high-velocity, and use state-of-the-art
technology. The focus is always on automation, solving
sophisticated challenges that span across multiple groups within
Splunk, ensuring smooth and expedient services to Splunk users.
We have a substantial AWS, GCP, and Kubernetes presence of
large-scale traditional & containerized systems. This is an
incredible opportunity to utilize your existing cloud experience
and drive the growth of the Splunk Cloud.
What we're looking for
Splunk's Cloud group is looking for a Principal Site Reliability
Engineer to help lead, design and build the next generation of our
large scale Cloud offering. You will be working on the core compute
platforms and infrastructure in the next generation of Splunk's
What you provide
- Desire to learn and adapt. Our agile team has a lot of projects
going on at once, and you'll have the opportunity to learn to
navigate the code and features. You'll constantly be learning new
areas and new technologies.
- Passion. Our customers are passionate about Splunk, and we want
the same from our engineers. We want you to actively own your work
and be excited about your projects.
- Ability to work with multiple programming languages. We have
code in several languages, ranging from Go to Python to Shell.
- Drive for automation. You constantly consider, "How can I
automate this manual process?" You will use Terraform to manage
various cloud infrastructure resources. An understanding of
Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC) and declarative configuration
languages as preferred.
- Knowledge of technical excellence. You know continuous
delivery, automated testing, security methodologies, system
performance, and disaster recovery concepts.
- Cloud experience. Building and scaling secure infrastructure on
different cloud providers is a plus. You will use AWS and GCP.
- Operational excellence. Data excites you and you make decisions
based on numbers rather than assumptions. If an issue arises, you
strive to be alerted before our customers notice.
- Keeping calm and carrying on. Capable in navigating through a
product outage, skilled in identifying performance bottlenecks,
spotting anomalous system behavior, and figuring out the root cause
- Linux proficiency. Excited to apply system administration
experience and comfort in developing or creatively addressing
challenges via a linux/unix console.
- Experience. Eight or more years of related technical work in
- Though not required, also awesome if you have experience in
containerization such as Docker and Kubernetes, have built scalable
secure services on cloud providers such as AWS, and have some
What we provide
- Opportunities to develop and grow as an engineer. We are always
expanding into new areas, working with open-source projects and
contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A team of incredibly capable and dedicated peers, all the way
from engineering to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through
ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe that
mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative, and supportive work environment. We
work in an open environment, work together to get things done, and
adapt to the changing needs for the team.
- Balance. We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want
you to be successful outside of work too. We trust our colleagues
to be responsible with their time and commitment, and believe that
balance helps cultivate a positive environment.
- Fun. We have frequent group outings and team building events.
We are committed to having every employee want to give it their
all, be respectful and a part of the family, and have a smile on
their face while doing it.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations
where required, we will consider for employment qualified
applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Splunk, Austin , Principal Site Reliability Engineer, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!