Sales Executive, Personal Insurance
Company: The Travelers Companies
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other.
That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have
maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty
insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a
culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration.
Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.
Job Description Summary
Under general supervision, responsible for managing and
developing a mid and/or moderately complex group of agency
assignments. Position accountable for: Optimizing growth potential
of a core group of Travelers independent agents while prospecting
and appointing new agencies. Exceeding or meeting year over year
growth and profit objectives; utilizing Travelers sales tools
within a consultative sales framework. Developing competitor
intelligence. Collaborating with team members in the region, home
office, and business center on product, pricing, and agency
management decisions. This position does not manage others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for substantial and/or complex Agency assignments.
Applies agency diagnostics and segmentation for owned agents. Leads
presentations and appointments for owned agents.
- Applies process of appointing new agents that meet production
expectations of new business at Travelers. Prospects for new
- Identifies opportunities to cross sell Travelers products and
shares information with other Sales Execs and/or agents.
- May facilitate workshops.
- Influencing the Sales:
- Responsible for profitable development of all agencies within
assigned territory or agency assignment. Influences agents to quote
and sell Travelers products to customers.
- Executes the sales strategy of growing Travelers market share
in the territory by appointing and coaching new agents.
- Articulates a sales process that is mutually beneficial, and
identifies solutions to agency needs.
- Provides consistent follow up and follow through with agents,
peers and other team members.
- Agency Diagnostics:
- Completes strategic marketing plans for territory to identify
opportunities and potential challenges from which strategies and
tactics are developed.
- Builds and uses best practices regarding Agency Operations,
works consultatively to follow up with plans, holding process
owners accountable for agreed upon actions.
- Effectively understands and considers operational differences
between small and large agencies.
- Diagnoses agencies' interests and ability to grow business and
motivates agents to succeed.
- Initiates systematic marketing processes within each agency to
attract and retain new business. Recommends business solutions
(3R's) and programs to meet objectives.
- Directs customer service issues to appropriate resources,
elevates all unresolved matter to ensure resolution. Validates data
used to make strategic market changes.
- Has thorough knowledge of Travelers' computer systems and PIs
platform; Assists agents with system/platform issues, and provides
training as needed. Coordinates with trainers as needed; Ensures
that agency staff are fully trained (products, services, automation
and HQ in total).
- Identifies book transfer opportunities, negotiates transfer
commitment, ensures successful outcome.
- Maintains flexibility in working with all social styles.
- Develops strategic agency plans that require disciplined
accountability and follow up to meet business objectives.
- Understands Travelers Enterprise focus and appetites and seizes
opportunities to cross-sell Travelers products by initiating
- Stays current on product and pricing changes.
- Articulates company position and seeks out business with
appropriate agencies to meet company objectives.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional sales experience is
required. A minimum of 3 years of experience working with customers
in the Insurance industry is required.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience.
Licensing or Certificates
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Intermediate knowledge of Agency Diagnostics: (Ability to
accurately assess agency operations and provide strategic sales and
- Advanced ability to Influence the Sale: ability to convince
current and prospective agents to represent and promote Travelers
products and services.
- Intermediate ability to Advise Agents.
- Intermediate ability to deliver results: ability to focus on
the bottom line and push self and others to meet set goals.
- Advanced Relationship Management skills: superior interpersonal
skills and ability to work effectively with internal and external
- Advanced Communication skills: strong verbal and written
communication skills. Ability to deliver professional
- Advanced ability to demonstrate resilience: Maintains a high
level of commitment to personally getting things done, assuming
personal responsibility for achieving outcomes and works
effectively with little direction. Dependable and responsible.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills and ability to
exercise decisive Judgment.
- Demonstrates Integrity.
- Intermediate technical savvy: Knowledge and or ability to learn
new systems, applications and programs quickly and then to be able
to explain to others.
- Advanced skill of Driving for results: Self-assured, responds
confidently to objections, and does not give up easily. Advanced
knowledge of Microsoft office products with ability to manipulate
data in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint quickly and accurately.
- Intermediate Skills/Competencies: Demonstrates solid knowledge
and ability and can apply the competency in the full range of
typical situations with minimal or no guidance. Requires guidance
handling novel or more complex situations.
- May guide other professionals.
- Advanced Skills/Competencies Defined: Demonstrated advanced
knowledge and ability and can apply the competency in new or
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique
abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization
and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of
this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level
above or below the level included in this posting.
Keywords: The Travelers Companies, Austin , Sales Executive, Personal Insurance, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!