Senior Product Manager - Technical - AWS Apps
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
It's truly Day 1 for our team in AWS. This is your opportunity
to be a founding engineer on a new team that's building a suite of
AWS Apps and Services to tackle a huge new problem space. You'll be
an integral part of building services that leverage cutting edge
AWS technologies like SageMaker, Forecast, Athena, QuickSight,
Glue, and more.As an early member of this team, you'll wear many
hats. You'll help design the overall architecture, you'll own large
chunks of design and development work for various components, and
you'll establish the technology processes and practices that will
lay the groundwork for the organization as it grows.
Although what we're building is still confidential, as a
software developer you can expect to:
- Deal with ambiguity in solving a complex problem space that has
not been tackled at this scale before.
- Work with other engineering teams who are aligned towards the
same goal with many opportunities for cross-team influence,
architecture, and collaboration.
- Build a customer facing product from the ground up and deliver
it to market quickly.
- Be a key contributor in setting the teams technical direction,
best practices, and plan for the years ahead
- Front-end and full stack engineers will work closely with
Product, UX, and Engineering teams to define the end product and
customer experience and then implement it with best of breed web
technologies and AWS services.
- Back-end engineers will build the core backbone infrastructure
and platform of services leveraging key AWS capabilities and
cutting edge ML, AI, and analytics models.
This team is a great fit for you if
- You enjoy working with a fun team that prides itself on a great
work environment with an inclusive group of people that are working
together towards a common goal.
- You are sensitive to customer needs and interested in working
on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by
millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their
functions and interactions.
- You'd like to be directly responsible for solving real customer
- You are a passionate learner and are motivated to take on new
- You want to have fun; surround yourself with a highly talented
pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also
enjoy work life balance.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to
furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee -led
affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters
globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and
ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race
and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14
Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse
perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
What you will do here
We are looking for a seasoned technical product manager to own
the product strategy, development, launch, and ongoing execution
for new applications. In this position, you will play a pivotal
role defining product requirements, setting the go-to-market
strategy, and tirelessly championing the needs of our customers.
Given the breadth of these new applications, this role will require
coordination across many internal and external teams and will be
visible at the highest levels of the company. You'll work with our
customers, partners, software vendors, and operational stakeholders
to prioritize roadmap features, and spearhead the definition of new
capabilities through expertly crafted business requirements
- 7+ years of product management experience, ideally with SaaS
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related
- Strong track record of launching products and ensuring customer
- Demonstrated experience in go-to-market, inclusive of pricing
and packaging of solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to present complex technical information in a clear and
concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Ability to dissect complicated problems, simplify experiences
and innovate on behalf of our customers
- An entrepreneurial spirit and be able to work independently and
effectively in a results-oriented environment
- Demonstrated history of successfully bringing novel products to
market, such as those that integrate new technology, branch into
new market segments, or start new categories
- Demonstrated ability to champion the voice of other
stakeholders in your products
- Strong team-orientation with proven track record of taking
ownership and delivering results
- Experience with developing strategic business partnerships
- AWS Certified
This role can be located in Arlington, VA, Austin, TX,
Vancouver, Canada, or Seattle, Washington.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Austin , Senior Product Manager - Technical - AWS Apps, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!