Medicaid Eligibility Advocate
Posted on: June 12, 2021
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have exceptional customer service and the ability to plan
organize and exercise sound judgment? Do you demonstrate
communication, problem solving and case management skills and the
ability to act/decide accordingly? Now is the time to join our team
of motivated and nurturing individuals working to assist patients
with their Medicaid Eligibility screening and enrollment. Ideal
candidates will have a steady work knowledge of medical
terminology, practices and procedures, as well as laws,
regulations, and guidelines. You should also share a passion for
our purpose, "To serve and enable those who care for and improve
human life in their community."
Does this sound like you? If so, APPLY TODAY. See what makes us
a fabulous place to work!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe deeply in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us.
- Your benefits package allows you to select the options that
best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k,
paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, employee
discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Responsible for conducting eligibility screenings, assessment
of patient financial requirements, and counseling patients on
insurance benefits and co-payments.
- Serve as a liaison between the patient, hospital, and
governmental agencies; and you will be actively involved in all
areas of case management.
- Screen and evaluate patients for existing insurance coverage,
federal and state assistance programs, or hospital charity
- Re-verify benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral
after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of
- Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary
- Obtain legal relevant medical evidence, physician statements
and all other documentation required for eligibility determination,
and complete and file applications.
- Initiate and maintain proper follow-up with the patient and
government agency caseworkers to ensure timely processing and
completion of all mandated applications and accompanying
- Document progress notes to the patient's file and the hospital
- Participate in ongoing, comprehensive training programs as
- Required to make field visits as necessary.
- High School Diploma or GED or related experience in lieu.
- Associate's degree preferred
- Minimum one year related experience preferred, preferably in
- Relevant education may substitute experience requirement.
Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We
partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices
nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been
consistently named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere and
is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our
patients have the best experience even after they leave our
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status or disability
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please
contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Keywords: HCA, Austin , Medicaid Eligibility Advocate, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!