Sr Director, Product Management - Mobile
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Senior Director, Product Management - Mobile
What you'll do:
The Senior Director of Product Management for Mobile leads the
product strategy and execution for our Managed Mobility Services
(MMS) solution. This role will evolve the Tangoe Mobile solution in
line with customer needs and market trends to accelerate growth,
ensuring a healthy roadmap and backlog of new capabilities. This
role will work closely with executive management, all Tangoe
functions, and other Product leaders to establish and align on a
coordinated product strategy across the entire portfolio of
Tangoe's solutions. This person will contribute to the vision,
translate that vision into detailed product roadmaps, and work
cross-functionally to drive product initiatives through the product
- Lead, manage, and mentor a product team to drive success for
Tangoe and our customers.
- Set vision, strategy, and roadmap for Mobile within the overall
Tangoe product strategy and roadmap.
- As one of five senior Product and Development leaders, partner
with peers, other functions, and executive leadership to help
define Tangoe's overall product strategy, roadmap, and resource
- Identify and assess emerging growth markets. Define product
solutions and strategies to expand in those markets. Examples
include IoT and new 5G-enabled services.
- Champion ongoing competitive, market, customer, and user
research to ensure decisions are based on sound use of both
qualitative and quantitative data.
- Partner with customers to prioritize capabilities that best
achieve their business goals.
- Partner with Tangoe's customer-facing teams to balance
short-term customer-specific enhancements with medium/long-term
- Partner with sales and marketing to prioritize capabilities
that achieve GTM success and enable GTM teams with messaging, value
propositions, demos, and collateral input.
- Collaborate with engineering and user experience teams to
deliver excellent product to large enterprises and their
- Ensure UX is a standard component of the development lifecycle
end to end, with a relentless focus on world-class consumer-grade
experience. Mobile users typically include all customer
- Partner with Tangoe operations, services, and IT to define and
deliver capabilities that are easy to operationalize and drive
profitable scalability for Tangoe.
- Be an SME for everything mobile: devices, connectivity,
services, use cases, business applications and benefits to
customers, and the full ecosystem of carriers, device and software
vendors, and partners like Apple.
- Engage with Industry Analysts and thought leaders to position
Tangoe as a Magic Quadrant Leader.
- Evangelize Tangoe's Mobile product and services at industry
conferences and customer events.
- Engage with customers for product feedback, escalations,
roadmap presentations, and relationship building.
- Support sales and other customer-facing teams in high-value
meetings with prospects and customers.
- Be an Executive Sponsor to key strategic customer
Who you are:
- 5+ years of senior product leadership experience in enterprise
- Significant experience in the mobility and/or IoT markets
- Track record of driving product direction to achieve business,
market, and user success
- Mastery of making difficult, high stakes decisions under high
- Extensive experience engaging with customers at all seniority
- Experience prioritizing customer requirements, working with
stakeholders and internal teams to define market opportunities and
plans in support of company goals
- Successful track record of collaborating across large
organizations and leading cross-functional initiatives
- Experience leading enterprise product development using
Agile-Scrum; passionate about the role and contribution of product
managers, PO/BA's, and UX designers in an Agile development
- Drive and passion for industry-leading, best in class UX and
- Excellent product evangelism and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- High integrity person who can build productive, long-lasting
relationships at all levels
Where you'll work:
This role can be remotely based anywhere in the US
Who we are:
Our values: Integrity Excellence Courage Selflessness
Tangoe is powered by cutting-edge technology and the top people
in the IT lifecycle management industry. Customers count on us to
pay their bills, process their orders, manage their inventory, and
find them savings for their global telecom, mobile, and cloud
technology environments. In other words, we're really rather
fabulous, and Gartner rates us as "Visionary"!
What we offer:
A competitive salary, along with a whole stack of other benefits
too! We're ambitious, friendly, driven, and passionate. If you want
to be a part of a like-minded team in an evolving, challenging
marketplace, then it's worth us having a chat!
The Legal Stuff in really small print:
More Information About Tangoe:
Tangoe reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities
for employment and advancement to qualified employees and
applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which
they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform
without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability,
national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender
identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected
by federal, state or local laws. Tangoe is an Equal Opportunity
Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment
Tangoe is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking
employment, please call (888) 855-2795. We will make a
determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a
The law requires Tangoe to post a notice describing the Federal
laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your
legal rights and protections, please visit Tangoe's career page at
As a Federal Contractor, Tangoe is required to participate in
the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United
States. For information please visit Tangoe's career page at
Tangoe will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay. For information please visit
Tangoe's career page at https://www.tangoe.com/company/careers/.
Notice to Recruiters and Agencies: Tangoe prefers to recruit
candidates directly, rather than through a third party recruiter or
agency. Do not submit or present your candidate(s) through any
means (e-mail, fax, phone, mail, verbal referral) to Tangoe or any
employee of Tangoe. In the case of candidate(s) submitted or
presented to Tangoe by a recruiter or agency without a signed
agreement in place for the specific position or without a specific
open requisition, Tangoe explicitly reserves the right to pursue
and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the
recruiter or agency. To request consideration as a Recruiting
Vendor, please contact our recruiting department.
Keywords: Tangoe, Austin , Sr Director, Product Management - Mobile, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!