Do you have the career opportunities as a Registered Respiratory
Therapist you want in your current role? We have an exciting
opportunity for you to join St. David's South Austin Medical
Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of
healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure
your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical,
dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match - 3%-9% of pay based on years of
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our
patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference.
We are looking for a dedicated Registered Respiratory Therapist
like you to be a part of our team.
As a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) you will perform the
critical care and diagnostic procedures utilized in the diagnosis
and treatment of cardiopulmonary diseases on patients of all ages.
As a member of the patient focused care team you will be
responsible for performing basic respiratory equipment maintenance,
quality control measures and other administrative or technical
- You will be responsible for setting up and operating various
types of respiratory care equipment
- You will be perform a range of technical procedures related to
- You will demonstrate competency in proper airway care
- You will be able to assess patients appropriately, interpret
results accurately, and suggest alternative respiratory
- You will exhibit competency in the performance of routine
patient assessment and in the ability to correctly recognize and
interpret respiratory dysfunction
- You will function as a respiratory care protocol assessor by
delivering therapy and reassessing patients in a timely manner and
maintaining proper and accurate documentation
- You will communicate regularly with physicians and nurses about
patient care plans and updates
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's
HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was
recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute care facility
with 334 beds, offering a range of complex specialties and
sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program
with the area's only adult blood and marrow transplant program; a
trauma program that includes all of the capabilities and
programmatic elements of a Level II trauma center to treat the most
severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac
program; full-service maternity and newborn care with Level I and
II nurseries; and two full-service emergency centers in the
communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical
Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an
estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care,
uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction
and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Respiratory Therapist opening. We promptly review all applications.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Acute Care Hospital experience - preferred
- Graduate of an American Medical Association accredited
Respiratory Therapy program
Licenses and Certifications
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential by the National
Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Current Texas Respiratory Care Practitioner license
- Current certification as Basic Life Support provider
- Current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification -
required for NICU RRT Staff
- Current Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
certification - required for ICU RRT staff