Senior IT Program & Portfolio Manager, Business facing Technology
Company: Applied Materials
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Applied Materials is the leading semiconductor and display
manufacturing company in the world - we Make Possible. Our world
class IT organization GIS (Global Information Services) is
spearheading the latest technology in cloud, machine learning, AI,
virtualization, endpoints, virtual reality, and more - we are
9-year winners of Computerworld best places to work in IT. We are
leveraging the GIS capabilities and global reach in support of
company product group for technical service delivery and take part
of company product development worldwide.
We are looking for strong technical leader to program manage and
consolidate / coordinate the activity related to GIS support to the
business with product development, R&D support, global
services, cost and operation optimization etc.
- Grow current and nurture further GIS capabilities into a
portfolio of offerings for product and services use in business
- Consolidate and deliver in-flight objectives into program
reviews, metrics and strategic objectives for senior leadership on
annual and quarterly basis with global team members and GIS Senior
- Track progress of portfolio projects, value impact, risks and
in risk mitigation on weekly basis.
- Serve as program manager and strategic sourcing for specific
high value impact projects, filling gaps in portfolio leadership
and vendor reviews/BoM cost reduction efforts.
- Facilitate quarterly internal prep, and business facing service
delivery and catalog potential reviews.
- Serve as project management for certain projects for specific
high value impact projects.
- Interface across GIS in a global matrixed organization, as well
as business unit leadership, engineering, sourcing and service
- Improve financial, project intake, and project review processes
with finance, and project tools
- Continually monitor and improve ongoing processes, services,
and create/maintain SLAs/metrics.
- Oversee end-to-end execution across multiple parallel programs,
including risk management, issue/conflict resolution and dependency
- Track progress against established baseline goals, and manage
communication to partners, executive leadership and
- Manage risks and communication across multiple programs to
Executive leadership. Partner with team members to improve
- >8 years with large scale technical program/project
- Successful track record leading Program Management teams
driving technical and business programs.
- Experience interfacing with business unit research,
development, sourcing and/or services groups.
- Experience working in an international matrixed IT organization
and driving strategic objectives.
- Experience leading program management function for
platform-centric development programs.
- Experience collaborating across multiple functions to achieve
- Proven ability to resolve conflicts and issues working with
- Proficient in different tools and methodologies to organize,
manage, track progress and report.
- Able to see the big picture and identify key focus areas, able
to convey clear and in simple way while dealing with complex
- Comfortable and enjoys working in a dynamic fast-paced
- Global culture and customer oriented
- Strong presentation and communication skills anticipates
potential objections and persuades others, often at senior level to
adopt a different point of view
- Computer science / Engineering degree or equivalence
- PMI certification or equivalence experience
- Experience leading PMO office in technology organizations is a
- Experience with product development project/program management
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce
including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females,
Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Keywords: Applied Materials, Austin , Senior IT Program & Portfolio Manager, Business facing Technology, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!