Freese and Nichols, Inc. is a professional consulting firm
serving clients across the Southwest and Southeast United States.
With sustainability in mind, Freese and Nichols plans, designs, and
manages infrastructure projects. It is the first
engineering/architecture firm to receive the Malcolm Baldrige
National Quality Award and was recently Certified as a Great Place
to Work. For more information about Freese and Nichols, visit
Freese and Nichols, Inc. is seeking a Senior Registered
Professional Electrical Engineer to meet the demands of our growing
and dynamic electrical practice in Texas. Our electrical group
provides a wide variety of services to the water and wastewater
industry, municipal, government, federal, educational facilities,
commercial, and private practice clients. To be successful as a
Senior Electrical Engineer, you should demonstrate strong
leadership abilities, interpersonal, negotiation, communication
skills, teamwork, and organizational skills.
Outstanding Senior Electrical Engineers are passionate about
engineering developments and able to efficiently troubleshoot
Availability to travel is essential.
- Analyzing existing electrical systems and making cost-effective
- Ability to design full electrical systems, including power,
lighting, and fire alarm for buildings.
- Completing quality control reviews, inspecting equipment and
testing on site, as well as training new hires.
- Ensure that projects assigned to him/her are completed on time
and within budget.
- Lead junior engineers in engineering design development and
- Lead junior engineers and provide quality control for design
Ensure conformance with standards, established design practices,
applicable codes, and technical adequacy of design and
- Minimum Experience - Eight (8) years
- Minimum Education - Bachelor's degree in electrical
- Certifications - Texas Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Experience in all phases of design from pre-proposal
involvement to initial report, design, production, and into
Experience interacting and working with a diverse set of clients
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Preferred Experience - Twelve (12+) years
- Proficiency in electrical power, lighting, controls and SCADA
design for water and wastewater treatments plants and pump stations
will be highly considered.
- Certifications - Ability to be licensed as a PE in other states
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and knowledge of construction
- Proficiency in REVIT
Freese and Nichols is firmly committed to Equal Employment
Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for
employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color,
pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she
is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other
status protected by federal, state, and local laws.